Team 5 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Jim_IV, Aug 29, 2011.

1. afree

afree Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have two pics, but they look A LOT alike I submitted them anyways. I have never been in the bowhunting.com contest, only the AT contest where one pic is needed. Sorry for the confusion.

2. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am back in the same ladder stand this eve hoping he might come by again....btw I am using my summit upper on this ladder stand very comphy .....just had a cat walk under me....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

3. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok team...took a small 7 point this eve...38 yards....both lungs and heart...went 30 yards and dropped. I will fill in the score card when I get the rack back from the processor.

Btw...this is my first archery season buck in 40 years of archery season hunting.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  4. afree

afree Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good Work!!

5. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team #5 is rollin!

6. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone know how to get my pics bigger when I upload from Tapatalk?
    I upload "using forum". Should I be uploading "using Tapatalk"?

Anyway, here's some better pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Antler Eater

Antler Eater Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Deereguy!!!!! We have a great start gentlemen let's keep it going!!!

8. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice going Deereguy. Was out last nightbut got screwed by a neighboring land owner moving cattle...Just waiting for the right wind to hunt my "Big boy" stand and get a crack at the monster

9. longbowman57

longbowman57 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I just finished bringing in a doe I shot last night but because I was alone both in the woods & at home I had no way of getting pictures with me in them so we aren't getting our 50 pints but I'll post a picture I took after I got her hung. I really needed to get the hide off and let the meat cool so I figured that was more important than the points. Sorry. By the way I was using a 70#@27" Bighorn longbow, cedar arrows and Zwickey Delta heads.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  10. Antler Eater

Antler Eater Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    longbowman57 congrats on the doe. Of course we are disappointed about the points but perhaps your state allows you to take more than one doe. If so you could enter the next doe according to the way I read the rules...

Congratulations again she is a beauty.

11. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe you are correct AE

And don't feel bad about the points longbowman57. That's a great accomplishment taking one with a longbow. It's on my bucket list.

Hit 'em hard this weekend guys. I'll be in the woods in the Mormon chasing a big 10!

12. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to the ladder stand this am....latter I am going to move the trial cams. I hope to hunt most of the day.... good luck all.

13. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a while since I've last posted and checked out the team thread. A big congratulation's to everyone who's tagged a deer. Longbowman, awesome job!! Love traditional kills. I live In a one tag area, It really sucks! :mad: We have deer everywhere but yet they only allow us to shoot one deer. Been this way for a while now and It makes no sense. The closest 2 deer area from my place Is about an hour drive. I drove up there last week and checked out some land that a dairy farmers owns that I pick up milk from. I should have no problem In getting a chance at a doe If this farmer doesn't chisel plow It. It Isn't much woods but rather a fence line with some tree's on It bordering a cut cornfield. I hope he waits to chisel plow the cut cornfield for a while yet so the deer keep feeding out there. Once he chisel plows It the hunting will go to crap and they'll go else where to feed.

14. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Out again this eve...bout 300 yards and to the left of.the marsh.[​IMG]

Its beautiful back here.
    [​IMG]

15. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somehow I missed this longbowman..sorry...and congrats...My hat is off to you. Don't worry bout the pics...there will be another time.

16. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well boys figured i'd check in, only been able to sit 3 evenings at this point. did shoot at a doe, 30 yards, some how managed to deflect of a twig/branch that I never saw. luckily i only took a little hair off her back and didnt end up with a gut shot doe in the rain. Work has been ridiculous, havent seen much daylight outside of work hours so it's been tough. Trying to get out a little early tomorrow and get in a sit. On a positive note, dad pulled a memory card from a camera at my grandparents, looks like there are 4 different 2.5 year old bucks up there that we didnt know about. all pictures were taken after dark, so still have to put in a little homework time. Good luck with your hunts, good work filling those tags thus far!

17. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Well, my farmer can't come get this corn soon enough. I've had 5 sits and haven't seen a thing. I'm really looking forward to glassing open, cut corn fields. Good luck everybody. Be safe.

18. afree

afree Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, been awhile for me too, weather finally isn't sauna like here in NE Iowa anymore so things should start to heat up. I am gonna try to tag another doe this week and wait til november to hunt my good spots.

19. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well...I'm starting to think I'm cursed when it comes to bow hunting. I'm sitting on stand last night with a perfect wind. Have a fork comes in but could not get a shot. Then the neighbor comes over and starts planting something in the ag fields right near my stand. Over the sound of the tractor I hear tires screaching and hear a thud. It gets dark and I get ready to head home and find out that the thud was a Chevy Tahoe hitting a big bodied 10 pt that I was targeting. I was able to get the deer from the Deputy but no points for the team....Luckily for me he got hit in the head, all the meat was salvagable...
    I'm still tryin though

20. longbowman57

longbowman57 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The buck are starting to cruze around here and hopefully tonight one will cruze by me! I had an 8pt. in last week at 12 yds. with 16" spread and good tine length. I was hunting on the ground but couldn't get an arrow off the bow. This sure is fun! Good luck out there!