Bowhunting problem...Need some opinions?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bowsie15, Oct 4, 2011.

1. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He should have taken away his license right then and there!

2. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

OR just hunt your spot like you usually would and maybe they will see your not backing out and they'll leave. There is a slight chance they didnt even see your stand, right?

3. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im pretty sure they saw it it is overlooking the top of the field i hunt

4. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to do that but its not my land i got permission through the owner ill probably just hunt it with him there and if i see him ill ask him to move it...if not whatever ill move mine!!

5. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First does this fella have permission to be on that property too? I hunt a property that another guys who is family hunts it too. I have been on the property for 12 years now and he has for 8 years. He lets me put up mine first and then he puts up his. We had the same issue but then as the years past now we work together on where we sit and have become good friends. We have a river going in the middle so now he is on one side and I am on the other. The only problem I have is that I can not shotgun hunt this property and he does with his wife. He puts his wife in my stands and that I dont like due to them moving one to opposite side of tree before. I dont own the land so what do I say other than please stay out of my stands and dont move them. His wife spine shot a doe last year that ended up not even 5 yards in the edge of the woods and they did not recover her when they just walked the edge of the woods. My trail cam got them walking to the left then back to the right. Not one time in the woods. I found her 4 days later still alive and put an arrow in her. She suffered and I let him have my mind on the issue too. I have always been a firm believer that if you are going to hunt give the animal your 100% effort on recovery! If you can not do that dont hunt! So now that I rambled on I say try to work together but if that is not possible try to settle it the best way you can with no issues so that you both dont get kicked off the property!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:

Not sure if this guy has permission yet i gotta find out...and ya your story i can understand the frustration..the guy whos farm im hunting says he sees a deer carcass every year and looks to be wounded by an arrow.a couple have actually had arrows in them he said. theres a small brook running through the property and they usually are either in in or right around there. they always say if you wound a deer they will go to water...

7. Nalgi

Nalgi Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If it is private land, it sounds like you are not the owner. Is the property posted? It should be, do it at your expense. Ask the owner to put a note on the errant stand stating that it needs to be moved by xxx date or F&G will be called in. Put a trail camera on the stand to get an ID on the poacher.

This will take a concerted effort to "EDUCATE" the offender(s). But if you do this, the word will get out and you should at lease have a 10 ac buffer. Good Luck

PS - I know what I speak, We are surrounded on 3 sides by public land and have fence crawlers all the time. We got a couple written up on trespass and it has reduced the problem significantly

8. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    ya the land is posted and i went in there today to see if i would bump into them but to no avail. did some more scouting today on the public land around there and saw tree stands everywhere...so depressing....opening day the S#$% is gonna hit the fan....too bad because its a great place too hunt but the word is out on it!!!!!!

9. Headgear Harvester

Headgear Harvester Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would find another spot. Starting a argument will only stir the fire and waste valuable hunting/scouting time. If the others are not smart enough to see your stand or scout there own areas then they will probably ruin that spot by spooking all the deer anyways.

10. bowsie15

Dislikes Received:
    Yup your right it's just stupid there is so much more land to set up on and he chose right next to mine. Some people just don't make sense! I'm going to try it out opening day because I have a trail camera there and the deer are still using the runway pretty good so maybe I can sneak one out of there before him!