Hank Williams on Obama

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by wahoohunter, Oct 3, 2011.

1. wahoohunter

wahoohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  2. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    not really a obama fan, but it sounds like hank may be on the wagon again. then again it was reported by that group of morons "fox and friends" so that doesn't suprise me one bit.

3. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The more vocal either side gets, the more idiotic they sound.

4. wahoohunter

wahoohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. Pigiron

Pigiron Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He deserved to get his arse pulled from the game.

The Hitler reference is used far to loosely in my opinion. ..on both sides of the aisle. I understand that things are bad out there, and I am in no way in agreement with this disaster of an administration that has the helm. But comparing the president to a man who executed 6 million Jews is flat out stupidity.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  6. LAEqualizer

LAEqualizer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, lets compare him to a man who caters to and approves of anyone who holds the Koran as the truth. Ahh, that made it all better.

7. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like how republicans would rather cut SSI than raise taxes on the rich. :) I say that because I'll be rich one day and then my taxes will be low (I guess that's the reasoning middle classers use). I honestly think the founding fathers are rolling in their graves over the current state of political offices, on both sides.

8. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can visit the IRS site and see that the bottom half of earners pay nearly zero taxes and the top 10% already pay more than all others combined. How much more would you propose the rich pay? Why continue to penalize those that are willing to get an education and work thier butts off to become rich? Because its the easy answer? Because those that are too lazy to make it on their own should still feel good about themselves? All you need to do is look at the countless immigrants that come here with nothing to their name and make themselves "rich" through smarts and hard work. If they can do it with English as their second language, there really is no excuse for the many native born Americans that sit on their butt and live off handouts and ***** about not having enough.

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, but Paris Hiltion does not work her butt off:fro:

Our biggest issue is our out taxcode, it needs to be fixed. It needs to be flat and everyone pays. You earn money in this country, you pay a flat tax. This goes from corperations and people.

Michigan just started to enforce the 4 year limit on welfare, we have had people on welfare for over ten years. One lady stated, it's hard to find a Job with a ten year gap in your job history.

10. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not necessarily arguing for more taxes on the "rich" but the statement that the "bottom half of earners pay nearly zero taxes" is misleading at best. They may pay nearly zero federal income tax but many still pay state tax and they pay taxes on all of their consummables such as groceries, gas, vehicles, etc. Then, when you look at what percentage of the "bottom half of earners" income goes to taxes you begin to see that a higher percentage of their income goes to taxes.

I agree with Gary in that a flat tax would be more fair than anything we have now.

11. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, Paris does not work hard. But, someone in her family obviously did. And, if they took income, they paid taxes on it and she does too. Their corporation may be another story. Belive me, I know some very wealthy folks and have seen what they pay in taxes and contrary to what many of the liberals would have you believe, they actually do pay a huge amount in taxes. It would make you sick. There is no magic way for rich people to avoid personal income taxes. Corporations may be a different story. I own a small corporation and can tell you that there is no way for me to avoid taxes either. I must either pay it at the corporate level or at the personal income level and am happy to do so. But, very large corporations have many ways to massage the numbers and avoid their fair share of taxes. GE would be a prime example. That is a loophole that needs attention. But to say the "rich" dont pay their fair share of taxes is just plain wrong. The top 5% of earners pay nearly 70% of all taxes collected each year. The bottom 50% pay less than 3%. But guess who continues to cry about the rich not paying their share. The flat tax is actually not fair to the low income, because they end up paying a larger percentage of thier income in taxes. On a flat tax rate, the high income earners would likely get a break.

13. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    If their income is so low that they dont pay any federal income taxes, they can also receive a credit for the many other taxes they pay. All they have to do is file and itemized income tax return.

14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think he's talking about cig tax, gas tax, etc

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch,

it depends on where you fall in the income bracket, I have few friends also and not to *****, but somone making 250-600,000 is getting screwed in this country right now. I know folks who make more than the wage I listed and pay less in taxes.

Setting the rate back to the Clinton Era for everyone is not going to break anyone. I disagree with raising taxes on a certain wage group, we are all in this together and can share the cost.

16. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I decided that this isn't the proper forum for political discussion, and so I have edited my response.
    I wish you all a great bowseason!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Gary, I believe they can still recoup anything other than "sin" taxes if they itemize and qualify on an income level.

If the higher earners are paying less in taxes, they arent reporting something right. There is a top to the brackets obviously, but the percentage does remain, so if they make more, they would still have to pay more. Unless, they are "avoiding" taxes or hiding income. There is just no legal way around paying your share of taxes on personal income. There is no way for a high income person to legally not pay their percentage of tax.

18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    This is a very appropriate forum for this type of discussion. In fact, its why the Water Cooler exists. We all have a right to our opinion and perhaps we may learn something from each other.

I would be very interested in someone showing me a tax "shelter" that allows a high income person to escape paying their legal share of income taxes. I often hear abouth these shelters but have yet to ever see one. All I ask, is for anyone that actually can prove there are tax shelters to please explain. I know we all have access to IRA's etc., but they are capped. But what about these tax shelters of the rich. Anyone???

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My step Dad works for the IRS, you are correct, but the IRS does not have the resources to go after these people. It's happening.

Maybe each bracket have a flat tax, I don't know, I just know are system is whacked

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is called sticking to your principles instead of using a band-aid to cover up every little problem that erupts in the financial arena. I would rather have a group of people stand for something instead of twisting in the wind and sleeping with the enemy every single time something goes wrong and people want IMMEDIATE change.