BowTech ?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Cracker7, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Cracker7

Cracker7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone,

Looking to get my first bow. Went to the local shop yesterday and shot a bunch of bows.(was a blast) Hoyt, Mathews, Pse, and BowTech. They all felt pretty good, but the BowTech was the best. It was the sniper. The whole package for $550. Didn't get it cause i know the replacement model for that bow is out. The 2011 assassin. Didn't have that in stock there but he can get it for $650. I know the bow is going to be faster and most likely a few upgrades. My question to you guys is, is it worth the extra money. Plus i didn't shoot it yet. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Cracker7

2. AssassinfromOR

AssassinfromOR Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recommend you shoot it before you buy it. I went through the same thing as you, shot every bow I could get my hands on and then shot the Bowtech Assassin, and I loved it! I couldn't be happier with what I got and I'm hoping to bag a blacktail with it come November.

3. Forkie McRut

Forkie McRut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would never buy a bow without personally shooting it first.

4. Calvin94

Calvin94 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ALWAYS shoot a bow before buying it ! That is a good bow I shot one just a couple days ago but by all means before you buy one atleast run a dozen arrows through it

5. Cracker7

Cracker7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok cool. I'm going back there this Friday. They'll get one in soon. (I would think) Then I'll shoot it to see the difference. But in your guys opinion, is the assassin a better bow than the sniper? Seems they made some upgrades and now it's the assassin. From what i understand. My buddy bought one of the snipers they had. They have 3 left at$550. Then no more. I like to take my time and research things before i spend my money. lol But i wanted to check with you guys too, to see what your thoughts are.

Thanks again

6. brian923

brian923 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had an 08 airbourn 82 and it was great. I traded it up for an elite pure, and its a world of differeance. The only reason i didnt go back to bowtech was that the bowtech dealer near me, i dont like so much, and tim at taz archery runs an amazing shop. I would like to shoot the assasin though. Looks like an awsome bow.

7. Kutzke45

Kutzke45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say buy an older bow first that is cheaper just incase you don't like the sport or don't have any land to hunt. My buddy went out and bought a 400$ bow before he had his license... come to find out he has no where to hunt.. You can always buy a new one they make em everyday

8. rt9bil

rt9bil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely go shoot some more bows before buying. I just traded my PSE Brute for the Assassin. I don't think you can find a better bow for the money. If you do go w/ the Assassin, shop around. I got mine for $600.

9. Cracker7

Cracker7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice. I did shoot alot of bows the day i was at the shop and the bowtech sniper felt the best. The assassin being the upgraded version of the sniper and only for $100 dollars more seemed like a great deal. But i will go back and shoot the assassin and the rest of the bunch again. See if i like the assassin the best. Then I'll make my choice from that.

Cracker7

10. jdweim

jdweim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have looked into the assassin and it looks like a great bow, but i have not shot it yet. but I am thinking about going from my diamond rapture to the bowtech assassin or the hoyt rampage xt.

11. Kyle1127

Kyle1127 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought an 09 Sniper a couple years ago. The bow itself is great, but in hindsight, I should have bought the Diamond equivilant (still made by bowtech) for about 300 bucks less.

12. Dredster747

Dredster747 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely shoot the assassin before deciding because I can almost guarantee that you will prefer if over the sniper. Smoother, faster, quieter, overall just a better bow, especially since the R.A.K setup only costs you 600-650

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree! +1

14. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My shop is selling Assassins for like 529.00, and most others I've talked to are selling them for 569.00. Great bow for the money.

15. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try & shoot them both & see what one feels better NOT reads better on the specs, as you are new a few FPS is not going to be that big a deal I cant imagin, you want to focus on something that will just melt in your hand & feel just right. ALL the hunting Bowtech bows are top of the line I think & very well made..

16. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Assassin is worth the extra money. It will be lighter I believe than the sniper as well. I went with a buddy to buy a bow and he feel in love with the Assassin instantly. I was not planning on buying a bow and I ended up walking out with a Heartbreaker that day with him. They are both the same bows but the Heartbreaker was for shorter DL. You can't go wrong with the Assassin very smooth shooting bow.

17. Dredster747

Dredster747 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot the assassin and it's by far the best bow I've ever shot.

18. Nikon4u

Nikon4u Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was a die hard PSE guy until I got my Diamond Black Ice. (BowTech's single cam line) Now I have it and the Destroyer 350. Not to mention my kids shoot the Diamond Edge. I am BowTech guy now. I don't knock any brand bow because almost all of the companies today are making excellent bows. In the end just shoot the ones you like the best. And then buy the one you feel the most comfortable with. Feeling good behind $600.00 bow will make you a better shot than uncomfortable behind a Z7, Invasion CPX, Carnage, Omen Pro and the list goes on. That's my $.02 worth though. Good luck.