Droid or Iphone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jfergus7, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know if the choice of Mercedes helped your argument:)
    Best is subjective but they make cars that other try to best. I wouldn't own one but they make great automobiles. IMO
    Bill gates also stole the windows idea from apple and now all computers run on window.

I know PC's are great for gamers but I wouldnt know.

I'm not saying iPhone is the best but their the innovators that push the others to be better. Much like Mercedes.
    IMO

2. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mercedes makes great cars? There reliability since 2000 has gone out the window;) In April 2011 Consumer Reports had the following to say.

Mercedes-Benz had the least reliable vehicles in three categories. Six of its 13 models were below average, and the GLK SUV was far below average this year. The redesigned E350 sedan was above average, but the new E-Class coupe, a wholly different car, was a disappointment.

In the end if someone is an Apple junkie and uses iTunes then the iPhone might be best, especially if you like being limited to 3G services. Android has a far broader selection of devices by multiple manufacturers and there are numerous 4G devices that enhance the user experience.

3. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:

Like I said I wouldn't own one but I know people pay top dollar for them so they may be doing something right.

The topic is about droid or iPhone and we just witnessed Apple revolutionize the cell ph industry and I believe they continue to. IMO

4. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The sad fact is that like Mercedes, Apple could take a pile of crap and mold it into a product and sell it because their loyal cronies are that Sheepish.:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

I hope the iPhone 5 delivers or I will still be carrying two Droids instead of a Droid and iPhone 5.

5. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:

You got me

6. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good writeup raceway, that answered a few question. Thanks for posting it up.

7. Oneshot7

Oneshot7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Food for thought, look in wired magazine, the company that makes a lot of Apple devices in china, had to put nets around there building after 11 or 17, cant remember exactly how many employees, committed suicide from the tedious job. Apple supported the nets being put up, why not just make their job better, instead of putting up nets?

All of that being said, I have had two droids, and Incredible and the GZone. The GZone is awesome, I can throw it off of a brick wall, stomp on it, throw it in my swimming pool and still use it. Do that with an otterbox, and bye bye i phone. I love my apps, and so far have loved the andriod system, and I have used I phones.

8. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
  9. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an HTC Merge and I love it. The few iphone users I know have switched to Droids.

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used to be on the exact same bandwagon about Apple, until I bought a Macbook Pro.

They are so much more intuitive, reliable, and longer lasting than PCs it isn't even funny. Not to mention being virtually virus proof. I know this isn't a computer thread, but it goes with the same line of thought. Apple makes top notch electronics that are reliable. I challenge you to point out any pile of crap they have molded into a product that was successful.

I do think their products are slightly overpriced, but I guess that's what you get for the reliability and longevity of their products.

I used to be the biggest Apple Hater in the world, but I have finally seen the light. Great products.

11. pseshooter89

pseshooter89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been thinking about getting the HTC Inspire.

12. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    How are you getting out of your current contract?

13. Nalgi

Nalgi Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I dont know what it means but my kids all switched to Droids, My plan is up next month and they are having me do the same, because Im so into it!

14. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    iphone 4..