Team 19 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by purebowhunting, Aug 29, 2011.

1. mr4pt

mr4pt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not much to tell. I've been bowhunting for 30 years. I used to pile em up by the truckload but now I'm less bloodthirsty I usually let a few live each year. My largest buck was a 142" 9 point years ago, shot with an old Bear Kodiak Magnum. I've killed three deer in a day with my bow...twice. We have an annual bowcamp, year 22 this year. 5 of us that met in college. It's a great time. It started out as a reason to party, then turned to killing deer, now it's more about fellowship. We rarely kill anything big although last year a guy killed two 8 points in two days, both around 130'ish.

I know shoot a PSE X-Force, Gold tip arrows, and will always shoot NAP Spitfires. I love this set-up, I don't know how it could get any better.

Anyway, good luck to all this year, I'll check in from time to time, especially when I kill something.

ps - Good news, looks like I wont start my new job til Oct 10'th so it's on at bowcamp.

2. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the welcome and thanks for working on getting me on Team 19- Arch Anglels.
    I am a Tug Boat Captain and I work a 28 day on and 14 day off rotation. I wont get home untill the 29th of Sept. At that time I will go on the hunt in Ga. the first week of Oct.
    Thanks again and good luck this season!

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'm just about ready. Season opens Thursday, but I'm working 4 10 hour shifts and will be off on Friday to get the season started. I'm just looking forward to getting up in a tree, smelling that nice cool fall air, and dreaming about a monster buck stepping out in front of me.

4. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the nice welcome. Once again sorry for the late sign in. Especialy for Archie. I hunt in Ottawa County and Allegan County here in Michigan. I hunt with my 12 year old son. My bow is a Mathews Q2XL with a Toxonics 3 pin sight and NAP Quiktune drop away rest. My arrows are CX300 whith a Rage 3 blade tip, and I use a TRU Ball release.

My biggest bow kill is a 125in. 10 point. I have only killed one buck with a gun, 152in. 14 point.
    I hunt mostly with the bow.

Good luck to every one and have a safe and successful season.

P.S. I will try to check in as much as I can.

5. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Tall Tails. Thanks for your concern. Go get em'!!!
    Sence I've made THE team I am going to change my plan of attack this year. I have been letting all the small bucks walk as well as the big breeder does. The small bucks won't have to fear me but, the big does (bows head, hat over heart) are going to have a bad year. I have a little honey hole just down the street that I have yet to take a deer out of. Not because they are not there but, because I keep seeing some nice bucks on the edges. This place is a runway between two ponds, a natural funnel. The runway is about 70 yards at the widest and about 140 yards long. The deer are using this funnel to move between crops and their bedding area. I am hunting about 40 yards before the entrance of the north end. I WILL be moving closer to the north end and I will be putting a stand up at the south end. The reason I will be putting a stand on the south end is because I just got permission this year! Remember this is Florida it's pretty thick in this spot.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. ALL4HUNTIN

ALL4HUNTIN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks pure.............. Should go smoothly from here on out.... I definately got the "Ooops" out of the way for the season...

Next trip, September 23rd thru October 3rd.......... 9 days of uninterupted, serious, eat, sleep, hunt, pounding of the woods.. I noticed the area that the deer were travelling thru going behind me to the hidden pond.. Went yesterday and purchased another Loc-On and 20 foot ladder sticks... Gonna hang it right in the middle of their travel route .... See if they get by me again... NOT...........

7. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    season starts tommorow.........yessss:nana::woot::tu:

8. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    season opens today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but getting into the stand tomorrow morning

9. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
    aaaahhhhh man thanks for the high hopes then a hammer to the head geeezzzz i though you were allready taggin and baggin in the woods this morn!!!! lol good luck tomorrow bub! we are all rooting for ya! no preasure though!

10. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    haha thanks i hopefully will have my big buck in the morning but maybe a doe to rack some points.....did the last check and ALOT of does and a few bucks showed up

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  11. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    went out this morning....saw a doe with 2 fawns at 10 yards.....i couldnt bring myself to leave those fawns to die as orphans..................but if a solo doe or a buck walks by dead deer walking

12. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
    good call bub! the worst is leaving a set of twins that are still milking left out to dye...hell you never know those are probably going to be state records in the next 4to 6 years

13. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks,I hope they do!!!!maybe be in stand Monday to get my buck or solo doe

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  14. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sat from 5:45 to 9:00 this morning. It started raining at about 6:30 and didn't stop all morning. The temp was about 50 degrees. I didn't take my rain gear because there was only a 20% change of rain when I went to bed last night. Guess I should have checked the radar before I went out. Anyway, I had a large 8 pt. sneak up on me at about 7:00. I never heard him because of the rain, and he was in and out of bow range before I had any chance at him. About 15 minutes later, I had a small 7 come down the same trail as the big 8. About 7:50, I had a yearling 3 point make his way past me. I would have liked to have had a better look at that 8, but I'd guess him at 130 plus. I went back out and was on the same stand at 4:45 and sat till dark. I didn't see anything at all this evening. I'm going to go sit over my food plot in the morning and see if I can get lucky.

15. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Nice skywalker, You will get him!!!!!

16. Stick'em

Stick'em Newb

Dislikes Received:
    come on 0ct 1st

PICT0009.jpg

17. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, failed you guys this weekend. Hunted the Wisconsin opener this past weekend, the wind sucked being out of the southeast which it a tough hunt on all my property. Saw a pile of does, just nothing would cooperate. I have two mock scrapes out which is the first time playing with them, already have a rub line and a few scrapes between the two, pretty impressive for this time of year. Found a white oak that's dropping piles of acorns which is where I hope to hunt this weekend if I can get a west wind. Also have a corn field on another property with rubs leading to it, also need a west wind to hunt it before it's cut. Only a matter of time on a doe and hope a big buck makes a mistake! Good luck hunting!

18. Nate/FL

Nate/FL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I messed up this weekend. I shot a doe but ended up not finding her. She was quartering away pretty hard and
    I hit a little far foward and I think I just missed the vitals. Shot her at 7:00 Saturday night and had good blood for about 200 yds but it just stopped. We got a dog on it and he couldnt pick it up very well. We looked until about 11 and called it quits. Its a sickening feeling especially on the first deer Ive ever drawn back on. But all I can do is get back on the horse and get some redemption.

19. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nate, it happens to everyone. All a guy can do is get back on stand. Looks like everyone on the team is getting on deer, just need to start sealing the deal!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  20. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Ahh don't worry about messing up for us....its just for fun!!!!!!yeah it sucks to have that happen but keep at it guys!!be in the stand Wednesday.