Team 19 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by purebowhunting, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Welcome aboard. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your hunting set up.

I will edit my post of the Alternate thread. So we only have 1 no show now.

2. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    welcome mr4pt!!!!

3. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    goin to hang stand and put corn out and wait 5 days for opener

4. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm checking in. I will be going on my 2nd paid bow hunt Oct. 4, 5 and 6th.
    I live in North Fla. (where fla., ga. and ala. meet) I shoot a Mathews Legacy, Muzzy Zero Effect drop away rest and Easton arrows topped with 3 blade muzzy 100 grain.

6. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey there archie and welcomto team 19!sounds like you have a nice little set up ! cant wait to see what kinda points that 2nd paid bow hunt wil put on the board

7. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Archie did you register for the contest as talltails? Welcome though!!!!!

8. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi!

Hi to Team 19.
    I'm ready to shoot some deer.

9. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about not checking in sooner. I am new to forums. I had a new email address that I hadn't checked. I hope I am still on the team.

10. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tall Tails, thanks for checking in. Looks like everyone is here! Tell us a little about yourself, where in Michigan are you hunting?

ARCHIE, looks like Tall Tails has checked in, let us know if we can be of any assistance figuring out your correct team, unless youre the same person but judging be the locations I don't think you are.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  11. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think so? I hope I signed up in the correct way, as I dont see my name on the team list.

12. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's O.K. if I dont make a team. I usually bow hunt by myself anyway. But this doesnt mean I wont be rooting for you guys. Put the smack down on em'!!!

13. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Archie, there is a alternate thread on the top of the contest page where you can still sign up and be assigned to a team. I'm sure they're going to be picking soon so register ASAP. It looks like we now have a full team but some others don't or they may add another member. Hope you make our team, if not you can still pull for us!! Good luck, either way let us know how your season goes, you can still share your stories with our team!

Here is a link to the alternate thread: http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?24670-Alternate-Sign-Ups-and-No-Shows

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  14. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
    its great to hear from tall tails finally! see if we can ask rokinchair if we can still have archie on our team! !!! i had a good feeling about him this year! i know it maybe impossible but he have arch angles looking over our shoulders this year!!!

15. ALL4HUNTIN

ALL4HUNTIN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, Lets say that it did not go as planned... (But when does it ever).............

Left Friday afternoon and got caught in the monsoon and hurricane winds... Wife's truck was getting thrashed around towing the trailer...... Turned around 1 hour into the trip and returned home to get my Chevy 2500 Diesel... RE-packed the truck and switched the trailer to my truck... Left for the lease again... Got to camp late and went to sleep... Woke up at 4am only to find that the 13 year old took my broadheads out of my pack when she was admireing them at home :rant::rant:... SO, at 9am, the wife gets up and drives 1 1/2 hours to Dublin and gets 2 packs of Grim Reapers (the closest place that said they had them)... Gets back to camp and wakes me up.. I get ready to go into the woods, and find out that the salesman sold her 2 packs of PRACTICE TIPS... You know, the ones WITHOUT BLADES..:sad:. She drives 3 hours round trip and returns to tell me "I got your money back, but they are out of mostly everything".......

Long story short, we saw a few bucks, but none in bow range... Wife had a 8 point rubbing velvet off 15 yards from her but in a thicket, no shot... I had several does come and go from the hidden pond, but no horns.... 3 day hunt and we only hunted 1 day.. Well, the kinks are all worked out now......:nana::nana::nana:.. The next trip oughta be smooth as silk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tu::tu::tu:

16. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    All4Hunting, there isn't much more that could have gone wrong, that's a rough first outing! That had to be awesome to see a buck stripping his velvet, that's one thing I've always wanted to witness! Hope the next trip goes smooth, I have a trip to Wisconsin, 4 hours, on Friday evening for opening day Saturday, I think I'll double check everything! Good luck!

17. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    The Archie and Tall Tails situation. I was reading through the alternative sign up thread to figure out Archie's situation. It looks like Archie was assigned to our team as an alternate, after he signed in our missing member, Tall Tails signed in. We now have an additional member, I sent Rockinchair a message to see whats up. Hopefully we can keep both members, we'll see. Gclift, wondering if Rockinchair sent you a message about the alternate member.

18. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I talked with Rockinchair, pleased to welcome our newest member, Archie! We're going to have 13 members while the rest will have 12 members for now, it's a friendly competition to meet new people, we just have an additional member to meet. I didn't think anyone would have any objections to the additional member, if anyone does I guess let the team captain, Gclift know! Now time to put some points on the board!!

19. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for working all that out! I had a field botany test today so I haven't had much time away from studying and work to mess with the forums.

But welcome Tall Tines and Archie! Its good to have you on the team.

20. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome guys!!!!!!!! season is Thursday but cant get in the woods until Saturday