***TEAM 28's Official Thread***

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Fitz, Aug 29, 2011.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Troy
    There actually calling for the temps to go into the low 30's only for the second and 3rd time this summer this week. LMAO ,you folks are saying wowzer,where's this guy live??? Trail cams are showing nothing after 9 weeks of being out. One 5x5, 130 buck and one doe. Tons of Moose though. My stands are mostly post rut stands and rut stands. So I'm not to worried. Man there sure kicking the crap out of that guy who arrowed a wall hanger yesterday named Hicks I think. Bucks got to go around 185+ with all the junk hanging. Love them nontyipicals:nana: Sure hope he finds it,will be day 3 tomorrow, I know how he's feeling right now, with all the finger pointing and questioning his ethics! Been there done that. Bin flinging arrows every day for the last 2 weeks and have the bow all tuned and ready to go,just need to resharpen my broadheads tomorrow night and wash all my clothing, Why do we do all this just to watch it fall over and go crash?? You tell me !!!!! LOL
    Hunt safe and make sure you wear your safety belt. Life's to short not too,we owe it to our families and friends.
    God Bless
    Here's an oldie from Troy And Pat
    RolloverRock:jaw:

2. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I too am just over a week away from hopefully dropping a doe, or 3 :)
    I'm looking forward to 3 "opening weekends" in a row.

Troy,
    We keep playing phone tag, we'll keep trying until we connect.

BC,
    sorry to hear about the ruined hunt. I hate people that do that!

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Morning Team 28, having a cup of coffee, here in my office before my first class, thinking about how in the heck I can pull of a hunt in the morning before work, would need to leave my house at 3:30 a.m be in the tree and settled at 5:00 a.m. ...kill a buck around daylight 5:30-6:00 and get to work on time at 8.... hmmm... work is 1 hour away... I do have a buddy that would come help with the buck if i drilled him..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    is there a clock on my profile I am suppose to set..because anytime i post or edit something its way the fug off... according to the time I posted... or edited stuff on here.. I just posted/ edited at 8:30 am and it says I edited @ 3:14 pm... ?????

5. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One more load of stands to set up!

[​IMG]

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Movin' right along...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice captain! love the boating you do to hunt whitetails.... looking forward to a big ole gagger hanging out of that canoe

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the canoe action Fitz. I really wish I could utilize my canoe more where I hunt.

Here is the rest of our clan before they are turned loose into the hunting woods this fall! Here we go boys, hold onto your hats!

[​IMG]

10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, here's the view from one of my sets. I killed a doe here last fall and this is where I saw blade on the hoof.

[​IMG]

And here's a shot back at the lake.

[​IMG]

Now it's time to spray down and get out of here before they start moving!

11. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz I envy you for hunting in that fashion. The last few weeks I have found myself increasingly interested in doing a good ol' fashioned canoe hunting trip.. I have family in the UP, perhaps next year.

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz
    I'm a guy all about safety, in that canoe of your's loaded to the top with all that steel. Do you actually wear a life jacket while canoeing into your spot? If not ,I'd be a little leary, if the canoe tipped and one of those stands bangs you on the head. Nocking you unconsious. You can be the best swimmer in the world and it won't help you in time of need! I've done this same thing Elk hunting and fell in the river. Passenger got fidgety and over we went. Had a hard time getting our body heat back up till the afternoon. It was only going to be a morning hunt too!! Something to think about bud. Thank God it was a shallow spot in the river, we never lost a thing.
    Rocky

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rocky. You can see my jacket in the photo of me giving my thumbs up. Additionally, the trolling motor battery and my other stand in the bottom of the canoe greatly lowered the COG. I'm very cautious on the water, especially as temps drop into Nov.

14. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz
    Wow! Am I getting old or what,vision is going ,lmao, sorry bud. Writing before looking!:violin:
    Rocky

15. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Morning guys, getting ready for work here. Well my 2 day hiatus from the stand will be over come this evening. My wife is a H.S. volleyball coach (busy ass schedule) My boys are both playing tackle football this year on different teams, so you can imagine our after school schedule. Anyway, my son Tyson kicked butt last night in his game it was fun. Jess my oldest boy has his first game Sat at 3... I get to sneak out this evening and get a hunt in though. I am looking forward to it, even though it's going to be in the mid 90's this afternoon. Then back after it Fri, Sat, Sunday. Good luck eveyone!

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck shed.... Know all about work and taking care of the family man! Im actually taking leave tomorrow to go back down to KY since the weather looks decent. Today and tomorrow look the best with some rain on saturday, but a day of off and on showers in better than work! The typ 10 I was after did come in the last morning at 4 a.m. completly clean so now im chaising some hard horn for sure!

17. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz- You def got some great looking spots! I hope ole blade walks out and gets a up close meeting with out team Capt!

18. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Rutin, good luck brother! Fitz, you to Capt! Rutin, you have some stud bucks your on, I believe its only a matter of time for you. You got a lot of daylight visits, can't beat that.

19. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got off the phone with Rybo last night.. his season is looking very promising, I can't wait for him to get in the woods too, get our team in full force. :)

20. Burglar

Burglar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz, That looks like some awesome hunting area. I wish I had some place like that to hunt and the time to do it. Good luck and stay safe.