Team 18 - Got Booners

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by srtiek, Aug 29, 2011.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Dunn, glad you have some good hunting ground.

Well the good news is that I heard from a hunting neighbor last night and he described the booner that was dead. He says it’s not Ghost. The bad news is, he was much larger. This guy owns a bar a mile up the road and said that a couple of guys stopped and cut the head off the deer. "I think it was Team 22 the fuzzy wussy bunnies". He did report that the deer had most of the velvet off and it had around 19 points. You all can vomit a little now and pee as well. He didn't get to see the deer in person, because he wasn't there; however, his bartender saw it and that’s that. She (bartender) got a picture, and he said that he almost cried. He thinks it’s in the 200 range. I believe this was the deer I ran into early July that I named Kong. Oh well I don’t like non typical anyways. Lol.
    I have a few designs that we (Tribaloutdoors.com) haven't used yet. They are freakishly awesome buck designs never seen before, by the puplic. I'll try and put them together and get us a logo. On a brighter note I like the “We Got Booner”; however, I laughed out loud when I thought “Eat A Booner”. Either way, I’ll be using the Eat A Booner while talk smack on others forums.
    I’ve decide that I will return to the woods one more time, but this time I’ll use my Ninja training to obtain my cameras. I’ll go in on the 17th and maybe even take a poop on another (ACEhole) neighbors stand. He placed his stand on my proberty line near another stand of mine. Booner Eater!

2. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    freggin booner eaters! glad to hear your booner is ok...for now anyway..lol

3. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    selfbros, I just checked out your website and I can't wait to see the designs you come up with for the team. They should be badass! Also, I may have some work to throw your way from my company as well.

Dunn, welcome to the team. It sounds like you've got some good property. Hopefully you get some good pics out there.

4. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    We specialize in creating designs for hunting/fishing clubs, and companies. So let us know what your looking for and my brother and I will get started.

5. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    glad it was not ghost, sucks it was a monster as described.

6. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Too bad about the buck! No bear yet, taking a day off from hunting and heading up tomorrow afternoon, hopefully somthing will come in! :tu:

7. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Design sounds sweet and its just terrible about the big buck. I had a huge main frame 10 get hit already this year too. Not a booner, but a solid 155. I'm down to less than 15 days till I take to the woods. Seems like it has been years of waiting. I can't wait! Still haven't pinned down my opening weekend strategy. I want to see this weekends camera chip pull results 1st. I may go after this 140 class main frame 8 with a 5 inch drop-tine. Drop isn't my biggest buck, but he is one I know I would have a good shot to kill opening weekend. haven't shot a drop-tine buck yet so I want him and would be super excited about him. Although, I probably will have to pass on him until later in the season with hops of getting on one a little bigger 1st. Good luck to the whole team in advance! Any luck getting a hold of another other team members with that pm sent the other day?

8. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    still no luck on any other team members I looked into them a little stuntrider I believe is currently in the mountains chasing Elk so I have no doubt that he will show sometime soon. As for the others I cant be sure but I think at least two of them will show I really only have doubts about one of them but who knows give it some time, I know people have jobs and other things that keep them from the comp for awhile. Dunn I think you should go for that drop, kill whatever deer will make you happy! This contest is less about points and more about doing what we love. If everyone got a doe and a small buck that would put us in good contention with the other teams.

9. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Selfbros I can't wait to see your designs either. I've been playing around with avatars just for fun though I'm looking foward to having or whole team carrying the same flag.

10. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    me too. once we get a design i say we go for it

11. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings team Got Booners. I was in Kansas all weekend, but now I am back. here is a design I came up with this morning.

GOTBOONER copy.jpg

12. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like that one. get a bit of a highlight around the font a bit (especially around the black and white part) to make it stand out more and it would be perfect. Gets my vote

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  13. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I like this one better.

GOTBOONERI8.jpg

14. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice, like that one better also

15. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I have another one that's on my Brothers PC. it would be perfect; however, I'll need him to send it to me before I can do any type of editing.

16. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    We need to change our Thread title to just "Team 18 Got Booners".

17. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i would if i could. gonna try to PM someone and get that done

18. stuntriders

stuntriders Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delay guys... I have been out hunting for the last week. No luck yet:(

We have gotten into elk a few times and seen some deer a ways off but wasn't able to close the distance. One mullie was a monster! Hope to find him again but only a little closer this time.

Love the avatar design, will be changing to it soon! Good luck everyone

19. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    always happens that way. glad you made it in

20. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome stuntriders! Good luck on the elk!

I just got back from a moose hunt on tribal land with a buddy of mine, couldn't close the distance for him but it was a good time, hope to go again soon. No bear yet, saw a nice sow last night but passed because she had a cub. I'll hopefully have one down by the end of the week! :tu:

Love the avatar design I'll switch now. Thanks Shane!