Bow season is almost here. Who is ready?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lester, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Three stands to hang. One late oat plot to till and plant. Need some Slick Trick replacement blades and 10 minutes to put them together. Then two loads of cloths to wash and bag.

2. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sept 3, I am heading home to KY friday afternoon to get my gear together for sat morning! Hoping to have a great first weekend

3. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trimmed shooting lanes for 11 stands this past weekend. Got the bow dialed in, was putting slick tricks in the center of my rhinehart tonight at 50!

I'lll probably pick up a few more stands/sticks before season and place those in new areas. Haven't decided exactly where yet.

I plan on either buying another or moving a camera or two around before season in order to check out a couple more areas.

I still have yet to wash any clothes. Shoot I don't even know where all of my clothes are at. I might buy another pair of boots when I swing past Bass Pro next week. I might also buy some more early season pants.

Yes I'm ready, but really, I'm no where close to ready, lol.

4. BigJ71

BigJ71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All my bows have been serviced, sights checked and shot often in the last couple months. They are ready to go at a moments notice. I've set up my back up bow with Spitfires this year, I've used them in the past with excellent results (don't know why I went away from them) and my main bow with Montecs. I still need to hang some stands on the property down south but I'm GTG....I'm always ready.

5. B Hicks

B Hicks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm ready,,, except for my nerve pill.... if this one shows up on Saturday... He rarely misses showing in the morning...
    [​IMG]

6. BEAR09

BEAR09 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could hunt tomorrow but I have to wait another month. I will be spending those days shooting and preparing for season ahead. It is a good thing I'm patient.

7. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lets see my bow season wont start untill mid to late October. So, I'm very jealous of all you guys heading out opening day. Once I get my bow in my hands, practice and tuning required. Check old stand sites out. Make sure the climber is GTG, wash cloths, buy license, make a few quick mock scrapes. Oh I'm sure I could think of a few more things but the most important to me are going to be license, bow tuning, practice and climber. Not to mention I have to pull all of this off during the time I need to be spending with my family, it's a good thing my wife likes archery or I'd be screwed.

8. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with that one, i'd need some nerve pills for that too. I hope your on a team they'd be lucky to have you.

9. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ready to go

10. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ready here, put a new batteries in my range finder and flashlights, I take them out every year and replace them with new ones, guess I am ready go. seen another bear on a foodplot last night also. I might have to take a bear while deer hunting this year.

11. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    o.0 I think 11 might just be enough...

I only have 1 stand and I still need to move it. I have yet to get a camera on my spots. No lanes have been trimmed. And I haven't shot my bow in over a month... Reading all these posts makes me feel a little behind. I will finally have time on Sunday to get out and move my stand and get that area ready to hunt. I will also be making time several days a week from now til Oct. 1 to make sure bow is in complete working order as well as the user of the bow. As far as gear goes about all I need is some warmer weather boots. But can make due without those if need be.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Season starts Sept 17.

Stand locations have been done for months. Mid June I think.

Still a few small things to figure out with the bow. Tried nocktunrals lighted nocks and the nock size is different than I was using. Just need to fix my D-loop and recheck my sights after I get that fixed. No big deal.

13. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Opener is October 1st but I dont think I will be hunting till the end of Oct. I am ready... Oh wait I still need to hang my stands LOL

14. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Tom, I cant wait!! The cooler temps in the Am are driving me crazy :rock:

15. rtaylor

rtaylor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not even close to ready for deer season. I have been too busy trying to get my ducks in a row for my elk hunt next week. Still putting the final touches on broadhead tuning. I'll hang stands when I get back.

16. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm mentally ready and have been for about 2 months. Stands and gear that's a whole different story. I've got some stands to hang still, cameras to prep (for filming), trail cams to check, clothes to wash, a bow to shoot, gear to gather and pack...

Sheesh, I shutter to think of everything I still need to do.

17. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Tom, I was ready the day after it closed, and just for the record, if you don't think you'll be ready for North Dakota, I'll gladly help you out and take your place. You have my number, I'll be waiting for the call!

18. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have my stands hung, lanes trimmed, bow tuned... practicing with my 3D and broadheads and 60 yards and every other situation I can think of.
    I still have to wash my clothes but that's nothing.

Honestly, more than anything I'm nervous. I've put a lot of time and money in this season and according to my cameras, will have nothing to shoot all my new stuff at.

19. Nick

Nick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bow is sighted and tuned, but ive get to get my gear packed, and see if the climber needs any adjustment.
    Lots to do in 2 weeks

20. Ky/Jody

Ky/Jody Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Our season in Ky starts Sat. High temps will be in the 90's. I'll be up a tree. Can't wait!