Which 3D target?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by iHunt, Aug 29, 2011.

1. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally blew the backside of my target out, so bad that I cant fix it. So, I'm moving on the newer and better things. Which 3D deer target do you guys use? I don't want to buy a small target either (like the Shooter Buck). The GlenDel buck is about the most expensive I'm wanting to buy. I'm a college kid who is buying a $200 pair of Tony Lama's and a $100 tank of gas the same day as a 3D target :cry:

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in need as well and have been doing a little research. It seems Rinehart may be the way to go but they cost a little more.

I'd like to know more about this target. Doesn't have any reviews on Cabelas yet. It's made by Delta.
    [h=3]Delta Archer's Choice Real-World Maxim[/h]
    [​IMG]

3. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Rinehart targets sure were nice at the G2G, but dang they are expensive.

Actually I just came across the Rinehart Woodland Buck for $130. Anyone got any experience with it?

4. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Woodland buck looks kinda small.

5. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    this is a good question iv honestly never had a 3D target last me over 2 months I bought the glendel last year and it was the worst investment ever lasted me a month but i also have a 32in draw length and shoot 72 pounds which equals 75 ft lbs of kinetic energy so thats probably the reason

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You must shoot a TON then, I have been shooting some other 3D targets all summer and have not had that problem. I have a 30" draw and shoot lower 70 pounds too. Interesting lol

Honestly, right now I am leaning towards the glendel buck. ****s sporting goods has them in stock, which means I could pick it up tomorrow and not miss any practice.

7. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Reinhardt. Being hammering at one all summer and still looks great.

Also had a thing going the other day on Blob targets. Cheap, but not a 3D style. But they do last from what I've heard.

8. Sooner

Sooner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    rinehart, they take alot of punishment around my house and still hold up well.

9. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw this also. I'm in the market for a new deer target, and almost pulled the trigger on it but decided to wait and see if it got any reviews soon.

I just tore up my last 3D target. I was practicing quartered away shots with broadheads and got one stuck in the knuckle of the neck. Pissed me off. I snapped an Axis and lost a Slick Trick in it.

10. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I might give it a shot. The only reviews I've read are from the ones that shoot broadheads into it...of course, chunks will come out.