Peep sight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MHSfootball86, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With the season closing in and me starting to shoot more i can't help but notice the small inconsistencies in my shot placement. The arrows are all generally where i want them but i feel i could be more accurate. I started looking into my sight and peep combo and can't help but realize that i can't see my complete sight ring through my peep (i can see all the pins but not the glow in the dark circle lining the pin housing). i was wondering if buying a bit bigger peep would maybe make my shots more accurate due to aligning the peep and sight the same every time or not.

any and all info would be helpful.

2. questprimal27

questprimal27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Larger peep means larger left/right variation. if you want a tighter group, you want a smaller peep. obviously a give and take there but that is the rule.

3. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    also the smaller the peep, the less light will come through. making it tougher in low light conditions. I just went from a smaller peep to a larger peep and it makes a hell of a difference.

4. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like i just need to make sure i practice getting that peep the same every time. thanks for the input on pros and cons.

5. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Line up the top of your peep with the top of your sight... for a consistent sight picture. That's what I had to do... then watch your groups improve.

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just went through this a couple months back. I personally like a bigger peep. Low light it works better, I tried it both ways about 20 min before dark and the bigger one worked out better. I too had one that was smaller than the sight ring. Now that I have opened up the veiw and also started shooting with both eyes opened, I am holding much tigher groups. I seem to be able to lign up the sight ring and peep better now that I can see the whole thing. Try it. You still have time to change it back if you don't like it.

7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its probably not the peep making you miss. More likely a slight flaw in your form or the bow/arrow could be tuned a little better. As long as the peeps stays put. Concentrate on anchor point and see if that helps at all.