Easton Tracer Nocks (Video Added)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rob / PA, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here play with or use these.

I made up new arrows, Easton XX78 2413's. They weigh in at 465 grains, travel 280 fps out of my 82nd Airborne set at 62lbs. I'm getting 81 ft lbs of KE. Thumping power!

Anyway, I bought one of the Easton Tracer Nocks to play with.

They work with a magnet you put on the bow. The nock is activated with the magnet and then it's what turns on the nock I read. It stays on for 10 seconds then blinks like a beacon. I'm anxious to play with it.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

:cool:

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been thinking about getting these. Let us know what u think.

3. Bols

Bols Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    EDITED, answered my own question.

4. Rob / PA

Dislikes Received:
    I went ahead and made a turorial video. It's too large to upload to Photobucket. Anyone know of another video upload sight so I can post it?

5. Bols

Bols Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    YouTube it up Rob!

6. Rob / PA

Dislikes Received:
    YouTube took forever and ultimately didn't load. I worked it out on Photobucket but I had to shorten it to one shot, the first one but you get the gist. Here's what I posted on HNI.

Okay guys, I took the time this evening to do a little tutorial on the Tracer Nock. Actually I did it this morning too but I messed up and had my boom mic plugged into my GL2 but did not turn it on. If it wasn't plugged in the camera mic would have took over so I didn't get a single bit of audio.

Thusly I took the whole video again this evening which was better because of the lower light. This morning it was too bright to see it actually light and happen.

This is just a very short video as I took 6 shots with the nock. The nock lit 2 of 5 shots and light on impact on the 6th shot. I shot 4 at my 40 yard deer and 2 at my 30 yard coyote from my deck.

I honestly think the reason it didn't light was placement of my magnet that activates the nock as you will see in the video.

It did however light on the very first shot.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Poorguy/?action=view&current=TracerNocksquick.flv

I'm working on getting the full video up on Photobucket but for now it's just the tutorial and first shot.

7. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know a couple guys who were filming for Tracer Nocks and getting some excellent footage of their product at work just drilling deer after deer in the boiler room with great camera work showing the shooters perspective before-during-and after the shot.

The company told them they had to start shooting bigger bucks (and no more does) or they couldn't use their footage anymore :confused:

What the heck the rack size of the deer being shot has anything to do with the performance of a lighted nock........I have no idea, but what a great example of what REALLY sells hunting products.

8. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video brother. Like the nocks....never thought that I wanted to mess with em...but know I may have to. Very cool blinking shot of the arrow in the deer.

9. AF HUNTER RET

AF HUNTER RET Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, wish we could use them here.

10. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nicely done. So let us know if you get those working consistently. I used to have the lumenocks, when they worked, they were cool, & save me from losing a couple of arrows. but leave the nock after practicing & that's $10 out the window. when the batteries finally died, i never replaced them. but I'm thinking of going that route again.

11. Rob / PA

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't get a chance to play with them tonight. I'll mess with them tomorrow evening.