New Cell Phone PTT Without Nextel

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by racewayking, Aug 8, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I took a step backward in technology and got a Motorola V750 PTT phone through my employee account at Verizon Wireless. All I can say is wow, the PTT is fast and instant. The phone has the cheesiest battery cover door but other than that it is a solid phone so far and has all the regular features, 2MP camera, V-Cast Services.

I also have a new Curve sitting in my desk that I am gonna try, getting tired of double tapping with my Pearl. Word through the grapevine is that the Thunder is going to be off the chain!!

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up my new Curve about 2 hours ago. Trying to figure out how to use the damn thing!

3. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    You can go to http://verizonwireless.com/data and select Blackberry and then Curve. The trackball takes a little getting used to compared to the Q you complained about. I also recommend getting a silicon cover for it, saves the things from shock when they drop.

I got to activate mine but have to have my IT department do all the server changes for it so I'll activate it next week. If you can PM me your Blackberry Pin, there is a cool Blackberry Chat similar to IBM Same Time.

4. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had my sprint (nextel/ptt) ic902 for a month and love it.

2.0 mega pixel cam/vid cam external memory and MP3 player. Nice!

5. AF HUNTER RET

AF HUNTER RET Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad y'all have good luck with Verizon. Every time, something went wrong when I was with them, I would have to work my way up the ladder to corporate to get resolution. Finally got fed up with them and switched to another carrier.

6. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I knew you back then, I would have straightened it out for you.

7. AF HUNTER RET

AF HUNTER RET Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last one was just last week. Moved to an area w/o verizon coverage and was told we could terminate without an early termination fee. When I got the final bill, there was $300 in termination fees taken out of the account. I called them and the first inbred buttwipe told me that even though I was "told" there would be no early termination fee, I didn't get it in writing. When I spoke to that jerks supervisor, I was told that they would refund two of the termination fees, but it would take about 1 1/2 months to get it to me. When I said, you took it out the day it was due, you return it within 24 hours, I was told that it was not possible because it had to go through proper channels. I replied with, then you owe me 24% APR interest on that money, I was told no we don't pay interest or penalties for overpayments. I asked for corporate telephone number and was told that "you don't have a need to know". I found it on the internet and called them. The next day someone called me back and I reviewed the crap with him. He called me back that afternoon and then the next day, I got all the termination fees back. That type of customer service is WRONG.

8. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    PM me your account# if you want and I'll make sure our executive relations group has this covered. They should have supplied you with the info to ER if you requested it, saying you don't need to know is not acceptable. The ETF should have been credited when canceled unless you ported, then you'd have to call and advise it was ported and get the etf waived before it billed. They should have the credit coming back but will need to escalate it with our Treasury group. I am truly sorry you were treated that way and it is not acceptable by our code of conduct and core values. If you need anything let me know and PM me. I hope this wasn't a sup in our office!

9. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    How is the Curve working for you Justin? I got mine up and going and it blows the Pearl away.

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Dude - I LOVE this thing. So far it's rocking. I want to take my old Q and throw it into a wood chipper somewhere. How did I ever survive with that thing??? I'm using the Desktop Redirector for my e-mails when I'm not at the office, checking my personal POP mail through it, and it works great. My only complaint is that Verizon sucks for disabling the Wi-Fi on this phone, and I hate that I have to pay extra for the VZNavigator. Other than that, it gets two thumbs up from this guy. :tu: :tu:

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Ahh, the old WiFi block. Yeah, the company is not big on WiFi with our devices. They love to tout the possible viruses and fall back on the numerous issues we have had with the vx6700 and vx6800. We get people that don't sign up for a data plan and let their kids and themselves use WiFi only to mess up and use our network resulting in bills in the thousands. As far as Navigator I also see your point, another 10 bucks tacked on every month:bash: