Iowa Hunting Ground

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by mark688, Jul 18, 2011.

1. mark688

mark688 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    map1.jpg south pond.jpg Hello I have 80acres of prime hunting ground for sale. It’s located in Davis county Iowa 52537. Timber to some open pasture and a winding creek on a dead end road. Crop ground on three side of it. I am cutting my farm land back so that I can save my home so I am selling this wonderful piece. $260,000 or make me a good offer. Thanks for looking. Email me for picture and phone. 641-954-2168

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. IowaBowhunter5

IowaBowhunter5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in Appanoose which borders Davis to left and its great hunting! So im sure this is.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of good hunting ground in southern Iowa can be had for about half that price. Just an FYI for anyone interested. I happen to live in the same area of the state. A "good offer" would be around $150,000.

4. ILLbowhunter

ILLbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought that seemed high also. Iowa ground seems to be slightly cheaper than IL ground.

5. mark688

mark688 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    considering

Well considering what our crop ground is bringing around here I figured why not. A peice of land just 2 miles from this three years ago brought $4200 per acre then another 40 acre last month brought $5200 per. Whats land around a big city bringing? Lands land. Dont look down on me for what Iam trying to do. It is recreational ground right. And yes its high but I would rather come down than wish I got more out of it. This is my one and only chance to save my home and the land around it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I understand. But recreational ground is just not worth what it was a couple of years ago and there is plenty of it on the market to establish a fair price. You would probably get a lot more interest from buyers if it was priced more accurately. It currently is just not worth anywhere near what crop ground is bringing. If you really want to sell it, price it to sell. Anyone with that kind of money is going to be smart enough to shop the market. I have recently seen some very good hunting ground sell for anywhere from $1,100 to $1,500. Some decent buys right now. Best of luck to you.

7. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Or they could just buy my place for $250K and get a house and 7 acre stocked pond along with it! ;-)

8. midwestshedhunters

midwestshedhunters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got all my pref. points for iowa, just nowhere to go,How bout a lease for next season? i've hunted davis co. in the past, big deer there, got good sheds from davis co. Would love to get back there.

9. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha 1500 an acre.... My father-in-law just bought 80 acres at 10,000 an acre last month. HAHAHAHAH we wish we had to pay those small prices. Last month land in Fulton Co. Il sold for 13k an acre

10. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go to craigslist for des moines and se iowa and type in hunting lease. Found one in Appanoose County (on west side of Davis County), Lucas County, Marion County. All in zone 5 if I remember correctly.

11. midwestshedhunters

midwestshedhunters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sweet, thanks for the tip. Havnt thought of craigs list. good idea

12. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Plenty of crop ground around here bringing those big numbers also. But, not the rough recreational ground. I question anyones thought process that pays over 5K per acre for crop ground. Just does not make much business sense. Especially if grain prices slip and inputs and taxes continue to increase. To me, there are better places to put your money that will make a better return in the long run.

13. mark688

mark688 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hold on to your hats!

You’re now starting to sound like one of those millionaires that don’t want to pay taxes. Sure don’t want the poor folk getting ahead there won’t be any servant’s then. Land prices are what they are but you sure are beating us back down just as there maybe a little hope for getting out of debt. If people Liston to you there won’t be anything moving in this already tough market.

14. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Your post in reference to me makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Kind of like the price you are asking for ground.

If the market is already tough, why would you ask an inflated price?? I think your battle is with yourself. Not me. Also, I dont know too many poor folk servants that own 80 acres of hunting ground.

15. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch, are you one of them there high falutin' money grubbin' robber barons??? I thought I done know'd you better den dat. By golly, I think I do remember you in that movie "Its a Wonderful Life". Weren't you that scallywag that was purtendin to be all crippled up in the wheel chair so you could park right in front of the bank?

16. mark688

mark688 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats true

Wow you sure like to leave allot of spew on others hunting sites. Oh and good photo bucket pictures gosh. But hey your right you don't see many poor folk owning land because that cant afford it?! That's why I am selling this and because it hasn't accord to you yet I am trying to save my home. Whose having the battle issues?

17. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Photo bucket pictures?. I dont know what the heck you are even talking about??? And spew??? Tell you what, best of luck to you in selling your ground and I hope you save your home. I will just leave it at that.

18. mark688

mark688 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Some new pictures to show

Just thought Id pass these picture to all of you. These are the kind of deer we keep around here some better and some not as good. But you can rest asure that you would have a good time hunting!

Attached Files:

19. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My friends dad bought 80 acres in Mahaska county for $160,000. It is mainly farm land with maybe 15 acres of woods. It also has a few acres of crp grass. I would have to go with the others and say yours is priced a little high due to the fact that it really isn't farmable. Its alot of money for hunting ground imo.

20. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just wondering why everyone cares so much about what somone is trying to sell his land for that is turns in this?

Sportsmen should not turn on eachother. There is enough others out there trying to ruin what we enjoy. do not think for a second folks watch this site and other hunting related sites to gather amo against us. Lets be respectable to eachother.
    Not trying to offend anyone....