Which Rest Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ultrakd, Jul 7, 2011.

?

Which Rest Do You Prefer?

1. QAD Ultra Rest Hunter

88.9%
  2. Trophy Ridge Revolution

11.1%
  1. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hope this is in the right section, Im new to this fourm. After bouncing back and forth between rest trying to figure out which would be better to get I have finally decided between the QAD Hunter model and the Trophy Ridge Revolution. I have read good and bad on both. Now I know that the QAD HD is the best but I dont have that much money to spend on a rest. I liked the concept of the Revolution how it spins out of the way of the arrow which eliminates the chance of there being bounce back. I have read that some people have had problems though with the timing on it. But I have also read that some have had problems with the timing on the QAD Hunter. I know that these rest will both work with FOBs which I am planning on shooting once I get some new arrows. So what are yours guys opinions on these two rest. Which do you prefer or would you get? I would really appreciate your opinions.

2. Iowa Bowhunter

Iowa Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the QAD Hunter

I have the QAD hunter model and am going to purchase the revolution this weekend (hopefully). The hunter model doesn't have the lock down and can bounce back. I didn't like how it functioned with FOBs so that is why I am going with the revolution. Just my 2 cents.

3. the mechanic

the mechanic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, neither. I had the qad hunter and mostly liked it, but after trying a few other rests, I finally decided on the vaportrail limbdriver. No need for a lock down option, the only way for it not to drop is if your cable going to your limb were to be cut, but I replaced the cord with a plastic coated steel cable. I would seriously look into it. It is a little pricey but you get just about all metal parts with it, which is one of the things I didn't like about the qad, too much plastic.

4. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Iowa Bowhunter let me know your thoughts on the Revolution if you get it.

One reason I was leaning towards the Revolution was because it has a lifetime warranty where as the Hunter only has a 90 day. But something I liked about both was the full containment, you are able to cock them and they stay up after slow let down.

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I had a gun to my head, I'd pick the Revolution, only because if it fails in the same manner that the qads that I've seen fail, you'll know it. (judging from the claw like things)

6. AZChokester

AZChokester Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After doing lots of stalking and moving, I am gonna go back to a Whisker Biscuit. I am currently using a rip cord code red. I like mechanical's,but not when I am moving around.

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WB stink QAD all the way!

8. cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve Newb

Dislikes Received:
    QAD. Love mine.

9. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is the QAD Hunter just as good as the LD and HD models though? Has anyone had any problems with them malfunctioning? I just keep thinking that if something goes wrong with it I better hope it happens within that 90 days other wise I will end up having to get a new rest.

10. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A WB won't fail to trigger like I've seen QADs. Personally, I use a Sims kit on all my bows and shoot LImbdriver rests. I KNOW when something isn't right because I can see the working parts. It is always going to drop out of the way.

11. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I cant use a WB because I want to shoot FOBs

12. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're not hunting with the FOBs are you?

13. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Revolution is SKETCHY! looks weird, and wouldnt the arrow when knocked just bounce around? I dunno but its definatly APACHE all the way! But I recently purchased a Hoyt and I hear that my apache won't be able to fit on my hoyt:rant:

14. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im planning on hunting with FOBs. And I was thinking of getting the Apache, it was the other one I was looking at. I decided not to since I want one that stays up after let down.

15. Ultrakd

Ultrakd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok between the Revolution and the QAD I think I will get the QAD. I think the Revolution will be a great rest but I thihnk I will wait and let it be "broken in" some by other people till Trophy Ridge gets all the kinks(if any) worked out with it.

The one other rest I was thinking about was the Apache. The Apache and the QAD were the original 2 I was trying to decide between. Everything I have read on both these rest are loved by those that shoot them so Im sure I will like which ever I get. But Im just a little stumped at which to get. Im leaning more towards the QAD because it has the ability to cock the arrow and it stays cocked after slow let down. Where as the Apache doesnt. Im going to be doing more spot and stock than sitting in a blind or tree stand. So what do you guys think?

Thanks for your help so far

16. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now that you mentioned a 3rd option, I would 100% choose the Apache over the other two. IMO, I would rather have a rest that I know is gonna get out of the way than one that "stays up" after let down. By using a Sims kit, your arrow stays put.

[​IMG]

17. Boodaddy

Boodaddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the Rip Cord, Rip Cord Code Red, and QAD HDX. That QAD is THE rest!

18. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Ben I had this on my Limbsaver DZ32 and it is a fine rest.I sold that bow this past March.

I currently use the Nap Apache and I like this rest a lot also. I had vane clearence problems with the QAD Hunter rest and got rid of it.

19. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would choose neither of them. My vote, if there was an "other" option is the Limbdriver. Extremely simple design, bullet proof and accurate.

I have grown to hate rests that tie into a cable. If you use a binary type cam system bow, you will effect the let off of the bow tying into the cable. Plus its just a pain in the butt IMO.

The limbdriver, is simple to setup and tune and most anyone can have it installed and ready to shoot in 15mins or less.

I was skeptical about the Limbdriver, as I am almost all new equipment, and once I took the plunge and tried one, I don't plan on using anything else.

20. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Exactly. I've messed around with alot of rests, the LD is what I have on both my bows.