Everyone shooting alright?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by indynotch50, Jul 4, 2011.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've noticed things have slowed down on here.
    My first assumption is that it's close to season and we all have everything ready to go and now are just shooting.
    If not, what's up? I'm on vacation all week and it's too flipping hot outside to go do anything.

2. Boodaddy

Boodaddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just now getting back into shooting. I noticed how slow it is myself. I really enjoy this site and always find time to be on. Gonna get my corn planted this week and make a few stand changes. After that, its ANTICIPATION like no other! Enjoy the vacation!

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah , i'm doing allright , just traded in my 60lb 2010 Destroyer 350 i had all set up and ready for this year for a 60lb Black Opps Invasion , what a freekin awsome bow , as soon as i get it all set up tuned and ready with my new strings i'll post a pic.

4. AZChokester

AZChokester Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had to take a forced break. Our house flooded over Labor Day when we were out camping. Just got back in after 32 days. I am back to shooting daily. Scouting trip this weekend.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting off and on in my backyard, but nothing serious. Probably won't start any serious shooting until the end of this month or early August. Been enjoying the summer and not thinking about hunting too much. Done some fishing, hanging out w/friends, working out, playing softball and enjoying life. I'm in no hurry for fall yet.

6. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't shot an arrow since November. I'll start shooting in a couple weeks probably.

7. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    That really sucks AZC. Though a much smaller scale, my grandparents had some flood damage. Hope everything is alright over there.

Can't wait to see that bow hoosier

Yeah I'm much of the same. No major changes right now, just kind of hanging out. Thankfully it's fair time.

8. bowhuntjoe

bowhuntjoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have not been shooting much at all. put my bow down from 70lbs to about 65 & now my sights all need re-sighting. when we move to our new house next month it has a massive back yard, almost good enough to make a archery club baha & good to a range of about 120 yards :D plus huge 30 yard sheds so indoor shooting at night will be possible :) things are pretty slow at the mow but will pick up !

9. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just started shooting. Love my new bow.

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting for a while now. Working on a food plot with a buddy at a property he owns. There's a lot of deer activity in the area so I'm excited to hunt it this fall.

11. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Normally I shoot everyday.
    So once I am done with all of this crap with my back I'll be shootin everday again.
    perfect pratice make for a perfect shot almost all of the time.

12. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting off and on for the last couple of months. Doing a few prep projects for this season, etc. But most of my time is taken up entertaining the kids, road trips to all of our state parks, etc. It's been too hot to get out and shoot much until close to dark.

Nevertheless, I"m about ready to roll for this season.

13. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    About twice a week for me. I feel that I should be doing that to get real familiar with the new Bow come season time. Mainly in back yard but occasionally 12 yards in basement with AC :D

14. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do a 3d target league once a week. Shot my new bow for the first time last week and got my first 300. The highest score in our league is in the 320s, so I feel pretty good about that.

15. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not alot lately, need some more arrows made up, "Rusty" broke quite a few of my arrows at the G2G! Been pretty busy with work and trying to relax.

16. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So far so good. I am buying some new accessories tomorrow and hoping it will assist in improving my patterns at least a little. Getting rid of some of the out dated stuff and improving some others. Cant wait to get some more shooting time in before season opening.

As far as prep I have a few Hidey Holes to plant and maybe a couple more stands to buy, one to move because I just don't like where it is now that I have tracked more since setting it up.After that, I am good to go for the season opener. I will continue to track some and keep an eye on my stand entry trails for the rest of the summer. Oh and I have tons of baking soda and scent killer to buy.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  17. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I was at my local shop this morning replacing the arrows I busted and just kinda playing around. I tried out the 2 inch axion stabilizer. It wasn't a big change but I went ahead and picked it up. It's just a tiny shade lighter.