Are there any flyfisher men and bow hunters combo people?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by christiejc, May 18, 2011.

1. christiejc

christiejc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello family i am an avid bow shooter not good enought to be a hunter yet but working on it.I am also an avid flyfisher man and i was wondering if there are any members like me?I notice that flyfishing is very much just like bow hunting.In flyfishing you hunt and stalk the native trout or what ever your fishing for.Bow hunting is the same i am seeing and hearing.Just a thread to see if there is anyone out there like me who enjoys both.I am from out west here in cali and im tryna set up a late fall flyfishing and bow hunting trip with me and my dad and uncle.Just stop by and tell me what you all think.Thanks and happy wedsday.And GO SHARKS

2. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess it may be a similar concept but there is a forum for people who love all of it called field and stream. Not trying to be rude but, I use to be an active member of that forum but there was to much talk about things like fly fishing and firearms for me. You could probably find a whole world full of people there to talk to about fishing of all types. Want to talk about diehard archery, bows and bow hunting this is deffinately where it is. Thats why I haven't been on the other site in about a month now. This is the best bow hunting sight anywhere.

3. christiejc

christiejc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you.I am here to talk about bow shooting,hunting,all of it.I was just wondering if there were people on here like me.This post was not meant to upset you.But thanks for your reply

4. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not upset at all. I just had to put my 2 cents in. lol. I am sure there are a few on here that do the fly fishing thing too. I have thought about trying it in the past but, bow hunting has consumed me now. If I am not in the woods, I am on the range practicing as much as I can. Just out of curiosity, what makes you believe you are not good enough at shooting to go bow hunting? I respect someones decision not to if they are not comfortable with where they are in their skills. That shows good ethics.

5. Mainehunter

Mainehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I flyfish and love it, there is nothing like hooking a big old brookie on a fly rod!

6. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I love to do some flyfishing, but I'm no where near the angler that Vito is.

7. christiejc

christiejc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for your replys .Now thats what im talking about,fellow outdoor lovers who love nature love what nature offers and want to protect what we have.Yes i have not shoot a pig or turkey yet with my bow but i can only imagien that it will feel just as good as hooking a big brown trout or rainbow on a dry fly.:rock:

8. Florida Marine

Florida Marine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I grew up fly fishing and tying my own flies. My dad and I fished all the good streams in the NY area. Left for college and kinda dropped it.

Built a rod here (VA) last tour ultra light 6' for a 2 wt line, used it a few times and we moved to NC and I was deployed most of my time there.

Saturday we were at a Wounded Warrior picnic and the Healing Waters folks were there. Before the WW's came down from their hospitals, the Healing Waters folks took my kids and were teaching them the basics. Well, it re-lit my fishing fires, and my kids had a great time. I am looking at a 5 piece, 7'6" 4 wt kit right now http://www.flyfishingcrazy.com/product/EH-EF to make and carry with me on my Harley when the wife and I ride up in the Shenendoah's.

Good luck

Sean

9. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading to the Wasatch's next week hoping to drown a few flys, I'm not good at it but I love doing it.

10. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bow hunting had become my obsession but I love any type of fishing! I have actually been working on fly fishing gear for a new outdoors company. Check out out site! WWW.vedavoo.com

For me its all about being surrounded by the outdoors!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy both very much even though I experience minimal results!

12. dj-skyy

dj-skyy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    not flyfishing but regular CPR bass fishing, yes....love to fish and hunt....

13. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bass and bow here also, I bass fish because my brother, our only chance to spend time together. When bow season opens I'm done

14. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We do it all here boss....if you venture over to the water cooler there are some great pics/chats about fishing. Welcome to the site.