Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Slick Tricks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by englum_06, Apr 3, 2011.

1. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Razor Tricks or Grizz Tricks?

Reviews of either?

2. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never used them, but I've seen the razor tricks make a pretty good hole in a black bear. Heard good things about them too.

3. j870sm

j870sm Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot the Magnums, Razors and Grizz. I think the Magnums and Grizz are better heads. I have a couple of the Razors that have curled tips. They all fly really well, make good holes and get good blood trails most of the time. I mainly hog hunt but have taken deer with these heads. The Razors will curl if you hit big bone, don't seem to get this with the others due to the design, I think. ST's are harder for me to re-sharpen. Hoped this helped some.

4. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I've killed a lot of animals with ST's, ST mags and Grizztricks... I'm sure the razor tricks are good heads but I think the Mags and Grizz are probably better heads overall.

5. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Mags right now but am very interested in the new Grizz trick 2's. They have a longer point on them to help with deflection and a new blade design that is supposed to help with the whistling sound that they make. I don't think the whistling sound is a issue but I think that stopping them from whistling doesn't hurt. They are all great heads and I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

GT2's

[​IMG]

6. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the Magnums, and Standards personally... I've seen more than a few of the Razors that didn't fare so well, and the "extreme" blade angle of the Grizz just makes me leary....

As for the "whistle" comment, I set a camera up on the gate of my truck on day a couple years ago and shot 5 of them at a round bale, not once did that camera pick up and "whistle sound," only the dull THUMP of that arrow rocking that round bale....

7. bowchief

bowchief Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a heavy 10 pt this last season wtih the grizztrick. Arrow didn't slow down and awesome blood trail...60# bow. Will be using my grizztricks for turkeys this spring and upgrading to GT2's for this deer season.

8. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the opinions guys! I was really liking the looks of the Razortricks, but hadn't even thought of the tip curling.

I'm shooting NAP Nitrons now and really have no reason to go away from them, just wanting to try something else also. Looks like I might have to buy a pack of the Grizz Tricks and try them out!