Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Elite Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Indiana Hunter, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have always liked the elite line of bows but unfortunately there are no close dealers to me. While at the expo I took the opportunity to shoot the 2011 elite hunter. All I have to say is wow!!! The bow was very impressive. The number one thing I liked was the let-off and solid back wall. It literally felt like I had to push it foward to let down. I think I could hold the bow for 10 minutes if I had to. Long story short, for my next bow I will seriously be considering an elite.

What are some opinions on the forum of elite bows? Both positve and negative. I just want to get a feeling of what other hunters and shooters think.

Thanks guys!

2. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm an Elite dealer so I won't say anything because if I do, I'll be castigated, whipped and otherwise abused for my obvious bias. ;)

3. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for no help :)

Seriously though you got a really good thing going with the 2011 Elite Hunter.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How does the Elite bows compare price wise to other major manufactures top of the line bows?

5. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I don't stock any bows. I'll just order them if someone wants one. Some guys from Elite that I hooked up with a goat hunt through a guide friend of mine returned the favor by hooking me up as a staff shooter/dealer.

You're right about the Hunter, it's a smooth drawing and sweet shooting bow. Elite had some problems with draw stop failures early in the production year but they've addressed them and really stood by everyone through it with their now famous customer service and warranty. You should visit the forum on their web page.

6. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Similar. They come in right around $800 - $850 but deals can be found if you look around. All of their bows are top of the line. (They don't compromise on anything to reach the lower price range.)

7. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are awesome bows man! Awesome company too, not a MONSTER company like so many others. The President and VP of the company are regularly at the consumer tradeshows themselves. That's why I like working with them!

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I am going to have to find a place that actually has the hunter in stock so I can shoot it.

9. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    The shop at the expo was running a special on the bow. Bare bow was $700 and he said there normal price for the bare bow was $750.

I know that is still alot of money but I was impressed with the pricing too!

10. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was assigned the task of picking the best shooting bow line at the ATA this year by my boss, I picked Elite, and bought myself a new Pulse after. :D One of the nicest bows I've shot, loved the Hunter too.

11. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think Elite is a great company. They have a full life time warranty transferable to any owner to cover any issues with the bow. If you are out hunting and your bow breaks they will mail you a replacement bow to use to finish your hunt. By far the best warranty in the business. They also stepped out of the speed war and concentrated more on making a smooth drawing/shooting bow. The hunter is especially that type of bow, but for me, a little to slow. I have a short draw length so I like the faster bows to help me with KE. Elite has several different models that should be able to fit your needs. I really haven't heard of any issues with them. The only issue I can think of, but not sure if it applies to the new models, but it's the fact that they don't have rotating mods. For the most part with the older bows you had to buy different cams for different draw lengths.

12. Gram82

Gram82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Elite bows are great. I have shot them for the last 3 years and would shoot nothing else. This year I went to the ATA show and shot all the bows and nothing shoots better then the Elite Hunter. I have one on order.

13. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Hunter and had a problem with the draw stops and took it back, then I found out the problem was caused by another shop (not an Elite dealer) that I had install a peep. I have since gone back to Elite bows and now Im lookin at getting a second one.

14. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am thankful for this thread. I have started to research the Elite bows for a back up bow. I went to an Elite dealer to re-string my Z7 and held a couple of the models. Pretty sweet bow. When I go to pick up my Z7, I think I'm going to try to shoot a couple of the Elite's. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't shoot one...it might end up costing me a chunk of money.

15. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep best bows out there as far as I am concerned.. I really loved my Judge last year and just figured I would be ordering a Pulse this year and when I went to the shop they had all three the Pulse/Hunter/Pure and after putting about 100 shots through each one It was a tie between the Hunter and Pure and I went with the Hunter seeing it is just used for hunting and I like the short ATA for hunting.. I love shooting this bow it is so sweet..
    [​IMG]

16. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in love with the Pure!

17. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I take it the Pure is similar to the Hunter except the Hunter has a shorter Axel to Axel?

18. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, the Pure has a 36 inch ata, hunter is 31 3/4. Also, the Hunter has a 7 1/2 brace height while the Pure has 7.

The Pure is a little faster but the Hunter is lighter and more forgiving.

I am now at the dilema of putting new strings on my Z7 or getting a new Elite Hunter.

Decisions decisions decisions.............

19. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Waffle iron vs. Hunter? No question there!

20. Indiana Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha Thanks Rob, but I really really like waffles. So my decision is a little tougher than it looks.