Shotgun Mic For Cannon GL2

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Prestonwk, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just recently got my gl2 and and going to be taking it turkey hunting this spring. I am looking to be able to pick up those long distance gobbles and wanted to know what was the best mic for the price. Im only 16 so i dont have alot of money.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  3. Prestonwk

Prestonwk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks alot that was a lot of help. This may be a stupid question but will the wind screen block out some of the sound or make it sound different because i have a big problem with the wind now and i was thinking about getting one for it.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    A wind screen is a HUGE help. Campbell Cameras makes a wind screen you can pick up for the built-in mic on the GL2. That will get you a step in the right direction, but it still won't improve the overall quality very much. If you're mostly filming for yourself and to show some friends, a windscreen will be fine.

Here's a link to the windscreen for the GL2 - http://campbellcameras.com/shopping...xclusive-wind-screen-(GL2)__MICSCREENGL2.aspx

If you're looking to do some more professional video work I would get the shotgun mic AND a windscreen for it. You'll end up paying a little more, but it's worth it in the long run.

5. Licking Branch

Licking Branch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do NOT buy that cheap windscreen. It will not help one bit. It is a waste of your money.

This one on the other hand performs flawlessly!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/207851-REG/Lightwave_EQ_GL_EQ_GL1_Equalizer_Windscreen.html