2011 bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hoytultrasport, Feb 27, 2011.

1. bigcountry

bigcountry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your 100% correct. But 100% no fun.

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been shooting the same recurve for 16 years this year. Paid 225.00 dollars for It. Price doesn't always mean top of the line In the archery Industry. To me It's all about preference and what you like with certain features and stuff. I really have to get myself another take down recurve here soon though. The one I want Is all of a 1000.00 dollar bow. When or If I get It, It will be my hunting bow for many years, not just a couple. It will pay for Itself hopefully.

3. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Money? Bows? I was told years ago that most everyone has their vices. I don't try to tell anybody how to spend their extra cash.

Some people spend lots of money on clothes, some cars, trucks, golf, fishing, jewelry, collecibles, houses, guns, etc., etc. and some actually cling on to money like it will buy them a ticket out of this world when the time comes. I have yet to see a Brinks truck following a Hearse! :)

IMO spend your money how you see fit and don't look down at someone else for how they spend theirs. I know guys who spend more on Alcohol and tobacco than I do on new bows in a year.

That's their choice! :)

Dan

4. Hoytultrasport

Hoytultrasport Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MeanV2 you are exactly right. If you don't spend your money how you like you won't ever have any fun. That's why I am planning on going to new Brunswick in a few years for either a deer&moose,deer&bear or a moose&bear hunt. Its in the $2000 range but it will be a blast

5. Gr8atta2d

Gr8atta2d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I agree...buy when ya can....skimp when you have too!

My problem is I enjoy too many hobby's and they are all grabbin my cash!

6. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Boy I hear Ya!! I've got friends that BowHunt, are Gun Nutz, Fish, & Golf! I'm not sure how they afford it.

I'm Glad Archery is pretty much my only addiction :)

Except I do Love my Harley ;)

Dan

7. BOWSPEC

BOWSPEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice choice!!! I just ordered a Strother Infinity...can't wait!

8. Heavy Hitter

Heavy Hitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot the element and didn't like it. Bought 4 bows last year so I'm taking at least until next year to see if I pick up a holdover from this year or not.

Nothing is head an shoulders above anything from last year that I've had the opportunity to shoot. I've been told the Prime and SX-1 are must shoots by some but with no dealers nearby it may not happen.

9. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna shoot a Mathews Outback this year...the bow i've shot for the past 7 yrs ;)

10. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be shooting a 2003 Bowtech Extreme VFT like I have been for 3 or 4 years!!! The fiance said I could buy a new bow but decided it would be a better idea to just put that $1000 towards my truck loan!!! I love having the best but its hard to buy something new when what I have works. Just like my truck speakers, the front ones are blown but those back speakers were put there for a reason right? ;-)

11. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    OK maybe I dont notice the shooting difference but as far as weight I dont care, all the bows are light to me

12. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, I love bass fishin and I could have a few decked out bows with what I spend on fishin gear! I dont even want to know what Iv'e spent/

13. ctbowhunter

ctbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had a DXT that got stolen from me last year. I had it since 07 and wasn't planning on getting rid of it for another 2. But with it being stolen last season after putting it in my Jeep to go recover my deer. I was forced to drop 1300 this year on a new Z7 xtreme. I plan on not buying another for 5 years. We are at the pinnacle of bow technology. I mean honestly what more can they possibly do. You give me my Z7 or my 20 year old bear under my bed. And i'm gonna kill a deer. I think there's only so much more they can do. They're running out of new innovations. Look at this year, they're taking old bows and making them carbon fiber. That's the only REAL change I think we are gonna see in 2011. It's gonna be a lightweight race for the next 3 or4 years.