CX Mayhem...the ultimate head-hunter?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Cedar, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Cedar

Cedar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was just looking over the CX Mayhem arrows (time for another dozen of something) and was kind of amazed with the all the glitz and flash on them. Bright graphics and colors. I know they are trying to "brand" themselves and must be trying to appeal to someone....but come on...a human skull on an arrow. Really....a HUMAN SKULL?????

What customer...or bow hunter...is going to be drawn to purchase their product because it has a HUMAN SKULL on it??

I've shot CX products for more than 10 years and love them...just finally down to my last stash of 3D Selects. The Mayhem looked like a good all around shaft...but I just can't bring myself to shoot arrows with HUMAN SKULLS ON THEM. What were they thinking...

2. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think there cool but i might try the pile drivers next

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man... the ultimate game

5. Cedar

Cedar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...the ultimate game!

I just about threw up in my mouth with the skull camo on the bow! Really...HUMAN SKULLS on your bow???!!!!???? :hater:

I guess if you're 16 and have $600 to drop on a skull bow...more power to you.

I'd love to have been in the meeting when some marketing "genius" said: Yeah...we'll make a line of arrows and bows with HUMAN SKULLS on them...it's edgy and cool....all the hipsters will line up to drop north of a grand on a new set-up so they can be the edgiest with their HUMAN SKULL bow and arrow set up! It'll sell dude...oh yeah....it''ll sell! (insert puking smiley)

I'll have to take a look at the Piledriver. So long as HUMAN SKULLS are absent.

6. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think the skull pattern looks awesome.

My quiver has a skull pattern. If my bow was available in this pattern, I would definitely have picked it.

I don't see any thing wrong with it.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love carbon express arrows , been shooting them for awhile now. Started out with the maxima 250's and now shoot the maxima hunter 250's, very tough and accurate arrows!

9. Cedar

Cedar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    @Virginiashadow: Yes....that. The CX shafts I've bought in the past all had the logo/info, but it was small, muted colors and unassuming. I guess the bright yellow on half a dozen arrows might not be too bad for target shooting...but hanging in a tree it seems like a little much.
    @Hoyt N It: I hear you on the materials and quality of the CX product. They've been making great arrows for years. It's the marketing gimmicks of flashy graphics....and human skulls on the logo.
    Maybe at 32 I'm just too old to get the "coolness" factor of having a human skull on my arrow....not to mention all the flash. To each their own...