The 71 Incher made the Living Room

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TJF, Jan 24, 2011.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When I first married my wife... she said no dead animals in the house. The inside of the house was her's and the outside was mine. She stuck to her guns until Tyler shot his first buck. We had him mounted and in the house it went. Then another buck got mounted a year later. Another a year after that !! I was on a roll !!

At that point we started working on her with just a couple of our big sheds. She said yes but hated it and still does. She says she should have never given in. We are up to 40 Wt sheds, set of moose sheds and a big elk shed from Troy.

I've always joke some day a mount would make it in the living room. She said over her dead body. I kind of figured it was a lost cause.

Fast forward to today... Mike did a great, great job on my buck. Was fun BSing with him as always. Can't thank him enough for the great job he did !! :hail:

While we were talking to Mike... he asked where we were going to put the buck. I looked at Bab and flashed her my baby blues and said... Well??? You could she her melt in my gaze. She said the living room but she got to pick the spot. I am like ... YES !!!!!! :nana: :nana: Ok it might not have quite gone like that but she did say the living room. :rock: She was very impressed with the mount too. Today was a damn good day for me !!!

Anyways... here he is in the living room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've already got another spot picked out in the living room for the next buck !!! ;) :D

Tim

2. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome mount tim. Congrats on breaking the wife down. My gf hates my mule deer mount but it's hung up in the house anyway. She will get used to it. Your buck looks great.

3. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks Great Tim, Taxidermist did an Awesome job. Congrats on making it to the living room.

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Outstanding buck and taxi job Tim!! Barb getting soft? You've got yourself a keeper there Tim (the buck too). ;)

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, that's what that look was!! :D

Congrats on a great mount and a great wife who let you put it in the living room.

6. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful looking mount and a great wife too! :rock:

7. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice mount, nice buck but correct me if I'm wrong........ that scores a little more than 71 inches? lol/:confused:

8. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking mount. Congrats again. You guys are going to have a great looking living room.

9. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn nice congrat's

10. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck! A fine job on the mount as well. It's nice to hear the man still wears the boots. :tu:

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well played sir! Congrats again!

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How's that saying go? "They're serving ice water in Hades...."

Nice looking deer Tim!

When you write the book on soften wives, I'll be the first person to buy it! If I only had baby blues.....

Well done.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  13. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I shot a buck like that, my wife would have to move over in bed so the mount could sleep next to me.

Nice looking mount, Tim, and great deer.

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking mount, congrats and enjoy.

15. BowTech_Shooter

BowTech_Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking mount Tim and way to make the wife give in! :D

16. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tim, first this is Alison, Greg's wife. Secondly, congrats on the beautiful buck! It looks awesome and def deserves a place on the wall somewhere. Finally, congrats on marrying such an awesome woman and am so proud of her for understanding your need to hunt for your family and show off all your hard work. I pride myself on being a VERY supportive bow hunters wife but I do have my limits as well. :) Greg loves to tell the story of our very first date and that he would not let the waiter take our order until I answered 3 questions. Was I ok w/him riding motorcycles? I said, "no problem." Was I ok w/him hunting/fishing and hanging things on the wall. I said, "fine, but not in the bedroom, bathroom or kitchen." Now granted, when I answered this question I did not fully know what I was getting into since I had not been raised in or around a hunting family but I have been good for my word and have really grown to enjoy my husband's passion and am thankful for the many blessings it has given our whole family. The third question was if it got to that point how many kids and when did I want them. Now Greg says that if I had not anwsered those questions "correctly" that the date would have been over and we would have left w/out eating but.... I guess we will never know since I did! :)
    We are blest to have a large finished downstairs family room/office and guest bedroom when we moved to our new home. So that is the "hunting themed" area and I like the deer, antelope, wolves, bobcats, and elk, etc.. down there. Having said that I am not crazy about all the sheds. We only have a couple out downstairs and have told Greg that the rest need to go back in his archery room out of sight. So I can sympathize w/her on that! :) So our new rule is that we only hang up that stuff downstairs and I have control of the upstairs to decorate for our family and no dead animals up here. We had a very close call with the big 5x5 elk this year that we were worried would not fit in our big stairwell. But we got it to work thank goodness cause the ceilings downstairs are not big enough for it and so I thought my vaulted ceiling in the upstairs was going to have to host this monstosity but we avoided that problem thank goodness. Continued best wishes to you and your family in your hunting endeavors and blessings to you all as you continue to grow and strengthen your marriage. Other than your relationship w/God there is nothing more important. Btw, the way sounds to me like she deserves a really nice Valentines Day present and/or special dinner or night out to show her how much you love her all year round not just during bow season!! :)
    Yours and His,
    Alison

17. Heavy Hitter

Heavy Hitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful mount Tim, a mount like that should be displayed in the living room :)

Who/where did you have it done?

18. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job on making the living room! I have mine right next to the mountain stone fireplace in the family room no less! Never thought I would see the day that happened.

19. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    X2 :)

Dan

20. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking mount!

And sweet fish tank too :tu: