K&K Vengeance

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JayB22, Jan 11, 2011.

1. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kevin finally posted a video of him shooting the Vengeance and comparing it to a few other bows. So far it seems to live up to the hype, although with him shooting it it's tought to tell exactly how it shoots. Still makes me excited to get mine in a month or two. Impressive speeds concidering it has the smooth mod (4-5 fps slower than the speed mod)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwL6nEFN_0

2. CdBurner

CdBurner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The only issue I had with K&K was which one to get...

Solved that by ordering both...

3. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I wasn't a short guy, and mostly hunted I would probably get both as well. But for me, the Vengeance is pretty much perfect.

4. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I get a bad vibe from the guy and the way he handles himself. Just look at his comments on the video. Granted, he's defending his product, but he doesn't do it professionally. He jumps ship quite a bit, and he's the common denominator in it all.

As for the bows, they probably shoot very sweet. I don't doubt that.

5. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a sweet shooting bow, I couldn't get an order placed for whatever reason so after shooting the elite archery lineup I couldn't resist switching to the pulse.

6. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, he has been through a few different companies, but all of those companies are still doing well. I find that in the video he is mostly just giving his opinion. I personally feel the same way about looks of most of those bows that he does, and if you watch the draw on them, you can see the differences that he talks about. It's like all bow reviews though, you just need to watch them with a open mind and take it for what it is. MOST reviews done, are done by someone that is affiliated with one of the bows being tested.

7. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing I picked up was that Carbon Element was noticeably quieter than the others.

8. CdBurner

CdBurner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I guess you had the sound down then when the CE was cracking as he drew it. He even pointed that out.

New finished picture of the Vengeance.
    [​IMG]

9. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I just take the "review" with a grain of salt. I'm not saying it is or isn't what was done but, it's easy to manipulate how the other bows perform if you've got desire and/or motivation to do so. I can make myself look like I'm struggling with a draw at any point in a draw cycle and I can certainly manipulate a bow to make a crack or pop in the limb pockets when it's drawn. Forgive me for being a skeptic but internet videos aren't the best source of info. I'd rather see someone without a dog in the fight doing the video and review. You don't see people putting much stock in BP's review of the Deep Water Horizon incident, same idea.

I've test shot 3 different Carbon Elements and never heard any strange noises from them.

I'm not knocking the K&K bows or the OP's intent by posting the video. I'm just pointing out that it should be taken for what it is, which is a potentially biased presentation of a product.

10. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you Rob, and this is exactly why people who like Matthews, are always excited and love the way the new Matthews bows shoot. Same with Hoyt, Bowtech and any other company.

For the cracking sounds on the element, on AT when this review was posted there were several other users, some even Hoyt shooters, that agreed to hearing the sound and that supposedly it goes away after a certain amount of shots.

But again, as you mentioned Rob, everyone should take these videos for what they are. Kevin is the designer of the K&K bows so he will have some bias towards them no matter how hard he tries not to. But at least with the video you can somewhat see differences between the bows and form your own opinion. For a 7" BH bow, that is very quiet, I'm surprised at the speed of the K&K Vengeance. Also, if you watch the DL's on the bows, the Destroyer seems to be close to 3/4" longer than the K&K bow, so the speeds are fairly comparable.

Hopefully I can post a good review once I get mine in the mail.

11. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I'll look forward to it. Hope it's everything you're after.

12. MSBowMadness

MSBowMadness Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The cracking heard in the CE during the first few shots MAY be attributed to the fibers being so tight.. I know its sounds funny to compare, but it is the same concept as one of the carbon fiber baseball bats i used in high school.. It was actually recommended to hit the bat several dozen times with a rubber mallet to loosen the fibers in the bat and make it flex more and giving it more pop...

JMHO...

13. CdBurner

CdBurner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So should I hit the CE riser with a rubber mallet before shooting it?

J/K. Thanks for the insight.

14. MSBowMadness

MSBowMadness Newb

Dislikes Received:
    haha... whatever works i guess... I don't know if I could do anything but look at a bow that cost that much... Although I have heard they run them over with a dodge truck at Hoyt.. so maybe that's what you should try..

15. JayB22

JayB22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the YouTube video where they did that. They are definitely a tough bow. The styling just isn't for me.

16. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have handled the strother bows, I like them and will look at them again when i upgrade. however if you watch the video again you will notice the same exact crackling when he shoots the vengeance as you do when he shoots the CE... it's a little biased for him to call out the CE and 10 seconds later not mention cause its his own design. Im, not saying its an issue, as others have pointed out that it may be a break-in factor, its just interesting that the only bad thing he had to say about the CE was present on his bow as well.

17. fatsbucknut

fatsbucknut Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    why doesnt he shoot off any of the string loops?

18. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    possibly preference, or the draws weren't set up for his liking and shortened the cycle by a ~1/2" by not using a loop...??

19. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Bows aren't typically set up with a loop out of the box and he probably didn't have or want to take the time to tie a bunch of loops in.

20. KodiakArcher

Dislikes Received:
    No, according to the Hoyt videos you should back your truck over it several times! :lol: