What are you going to do?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jan 3, 2011.

1. MSBowMadness

MSBowMadness Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well... It is really up to you... Most people I know hunt private land, and I am fortunate enough to have access to a couple pieces of private land around my home... If you could get in good with a landowner and get rights to their property or get into a hunting club... The licensing in MS is pretty easy.. you basically walk up to the counter, present your ID and Hunter's Education Card and they print you a license.. you don't have to buy tags and for the most part, there are no limits enforced just because of the number of deer in the state.. unfortunately this makes it quite easy for poachers to do so and get away with it..

I have started doing some public land... These are a little more strictly controlled.. Alot of these are bow only for the most part , with a draw system for a few special muzzleloader hunting days..You also have to purchase a user permit (15.00) and a federal permit to hunt a couple of them(12.50?)... Mahannah WMA is known for trophies and have a rifle season a few days a year...

So I guess I am being a bit dramatic when I say that the hunting isn't good.. we have deer.. and we have big deer.. just alot tougher to hunt down here due to the thick underbrush(which clears up the further north in the state you get)... mainly nocturnal big boys.. fairly pressured hunting... I have been told if you can take a trophy in the SE that you can kill one anywhere...

2. cwoods

cwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With funds being low and a little girl on the way its looking like I'll be staying in NC again this year. So my goals are.....
    Find sheds
    Scout like a mad man
    1st ever Turkey (gun or bow)
    3.5 or older Whitey
    Hunt more public land
    Have shot oppurtunities in all phases of the season. I get my tail whooped every year late season.
    Increase my shooting range
    Become a better hunter!
    :fro:

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have no idea, it looks like my wife maybe taking over as Head Volleyball coach for a 5A program here in Northern Idaho which runs from July to Nov, My oldest boy starts tackle football 5 practices a week. Games on Sat. Moms fighting cancer.. Little guy of mine will be practicing football 2-3 times a week. I am trying to figure out if I will even get to hunt next fall! LMAO! I may have to retire for a few seasons and just be Mr. Mom.

But good luck to all of you guys getting to go to new places and take on new adventures :)