POS Whisker Biscuit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TJF, Dec 28, 2010.

1. stuntriders

stuntriders Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    replacing the arrows???? I guess you could, but I would replace the rest so it doesn't matter what arrow I use.

2. hammerman

hammerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched to the 360 from the WB this year. Very satisfied!

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the WB. But I know a lot of bucks that HATED it. I have never had a single issue with fletching or noise.

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do think they have their place but I never was a fan of the WB.

Sorry to hear about your Bad luck!

Dan

5. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Steve I know what you mean! I found out hunting in NW Nebraska for 3 Decembers in a row that bowhunting in 0 to 25 below is truly a test for Bowhunter and Equipment!!

Dan

6. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer Tim. Its not the rest...it is the arrows. The WB is an awesome rest, but that is the one drawback....you need a slick finished arrow to ensure that you never have a noise problem. I use Bemans, dead quiet. I have tried alot of shafts to see how they sound....any of the "slick" shafts don't make a peep.

You have to ask yourself, does the rest do everything you'd want out of a rest (when it doesn't make noise) and if so, adjust the shafts or take your chances. If it doesn't, then I guess you might want to look at another rest in lieu of slick arrows. My personal opinion is they are very hard to beat when tuned correctly, and you have no noise issue. I was always a nay-sayer until I put one on my bow several years ago. Love it and it does everything I could ask from any rest.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  7. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot aluminum and have no problem with them Tim.

I do run my finger through the rest every hunt though.. not sure if it helps.. but sems aight to me.

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the reponses. Still debating on keeping it. It was fool proof up until then and never had any problems tuning it. I've got some smoother finished arrows laying around. Will play around with it once this nasty weather calms down and decide from there.

Tim

9. BigJ71

BigJ71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about your bad day hunting Tim.

I guess it could have been the arrow or maybe something else, I don't know. What I do know is that I've been using the WB since it came out and I've never had the problem you described.

For the record (for those who don't know) I'm not a beginner and I certainly know better. I also hunt in some of the coldest climates there are. (our hunting season goes till mid January) I've had nothing but fantastic results with the WB and as stated I've been using it since they first came out.

IMHO it's the best hunting rest you can buy and until something better comes out I'll stick with it.

10. BowTech_Shooter

BowTech_Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Sent ya a message Tim! :rock:

11. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got it and replied. Thanks !!

Tim

12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Actually there never is a bad day of hunting... sometimes flustrating... but never bad !! :D

I am not quite ready to give up on it because I like the rest otherwise. I will try other arrows. If I can't get it to quieted down... I will move on. I am hoping to keep it though. Thanks for your response.

Tim

13. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tim
    I've used a Whisker biscuit for a few years until the winter of 2004 I believe when Hurricane Ivan hit. I had a day left before I went there on a mission trip . It was -29 and a great 6x7 180 ish deer came out, I drew and like you said the screeching sound came apparent. That buck turned and headed back from where he was coming from. I too went to a Quad Ultra rest and have had no reason to switch. Then again on my Diamond bow The Rock, I put a Octane biscuit on & have had no problem. This was during the hunt while Will was here this year. It's a trial and error thing bud, best of luck to you in your year end hunt's bud.
    God Bless.
    Rocky

14. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't like how the fletches have to hit the WB, so I never gave it a chance. I use a hostage style rest, and to date I have no complaints. Sorry to hear about your missed opportunity.

15. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That had to hurt !! I am lucky it was only a couple doe. I hear you on trial and error. I've learned many lessons the hard way through trial and error. From this experience... I now will get to know my equipment better before the moment of truth.

Tim