Help With deer property!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PSE Buck Killer, Oct 31, 2010.

1. PSE Buck Killer

PSE Buck Killer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so my friend and I hunt a piece of property. We put out corn and often get pics of deer eating the corn. We have hunted about 12 times now and have not even seen a doe. What are we doing wrong any advice? The property is close to a feed lot and there is alot of tractor noise and other farm noises, that wouldnt bother them too much would it? We are also hunting a corn field but it was disked already. We have trail cam pictures but never see a deer. We use all the scent killer stuff and are as still as can be in the stand.

Someone has to have an input or a question or something. c'mon

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. DrawrofBackward

DrawrofBackward Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are the trail cam photos during the day ?

Do you know which way the deer will come from and are you making sure to set up so the wind isn't blowing from you, to them or the direction they will come from ?

There are a ton of variables. Are you spooking them on the walk in ?

Tractor and farm associated noises will not bother the deer. They have been hearing them since the day they were born.

When you go put corn out, are you being mindful of scent and noise ?

Depending on where you are and what the property layout is, maybe you need to get away from those crop fields and get back in the woods, closer to bedding or whatever they are eating in the woods.

3. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    post some overheads of your land. Ala google earth or something like that.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    X 2....

5. PSE Buck Killer

PSE Buck Killer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok Inside the boundaries there are 2 squares: a North Stand and a South Stand The pink arrows indicate where the deer come from. The black x's mean that road isnt there any more and that island is smaller now its just a road halfway into the middle of the field but we dont use it unless we shoot a deer, so we dont use it much. From my north stand i like a wind out of the north, Kyle(DucksUnlimitedHunter27) Hunts the South stand and prefers a South wind, I think. Halloween we had a wind out of the north and I had the first deer of the season come in, I didnt get a shot but i got down and stalked and got close and scared it off to north then i ran north to try to push it south to Kyle and it worked out and the deer ran right to him and he shot it. It was a nice 8 point. There are alot of daytime pictures but it seems like they know when we are there. I walk in quietly but idk about kyle. We usualy hunt at the same time fyi. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached Files: