Eating in stand

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ridetilidie, Jul 5, 2010.

1. PSE Buck Killer

PSE Buck Killer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys heres what I do. I take Apples and Water. And thats all I eat that day until I get home. On Halloween night I put this to the test to see what bothers deer. There was a buck 20 yards from me that bedded down. I took out an apple and was trying to eat quietly and that didnt bother him so i started eating loudly and that didnt even bother him. I drank my water and my water bottle made that loud plastic popping noise while drinking it and again, no response out of him. Then I did what i thought would get him up, I unzipped and took a leak out of my stand. This was pretty noisy because i was 20 feet up peeing on crunchy leaves and this was a long leak fyi. The buck didnt even flinch. So i threw my apple core at him and he still layed there. finally i said to myself " i wonder if i can sneak up on him and put an arrow in him since i didnt have a clear shot from my stand. So i climbed down, walked as quiet as i could and got within 5 yards of him. He got up and walked towards me. He stopped within reaching distance for me ( ya im not kidding) I had an adrenaline rush from hell at that point so the deer finaly started getting nervous since he could see me shaking.:) He took off south towards my hunting buddy and i gave him a heads up text, and 30 seconds later i got a call " I got him"
    Now i dont know if this was the dumbest deer ever but he didnt seem to mind anything I did.