Arrow weight question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KidCannon, Oct 12, 2010.

1. KidCannon

KidCannon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Was overkill. NO need to do it cause the loop will stay in place. I was like really? Well how about just do it cause I want it done like that haha.

2. Jeeper Slick

Jeeper Slick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel the pain on the arrow selection. I was thinking about moving to the light end of the scale. I have been looking at the Gold Tip Velocity Hunter 500's, where fully dressed at 29.5" they will weigh 302gr with a 100gr tip. Am I looking at this the wrong way ? Wouldn't more speed make yardage adjustments easier ? My current arrows were 367gr if I remember correctly.

3. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you are using quality D-loop material, it won't slide. I still tie nocksets in as in the video on the link I provided. If you have having your D-loop material slide, it's likely some cheap **** from a box store and not BCY #24.

If you want some quality loop material at a good price with great service, this lady will hook you up.

She sells on a few of the major forum sites, but she's most active on AT these days.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1330638

4. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this, my D-loop does not slide at all. I started out with the brass nock set inside the d-loop on my old bow but when I bought my Alphamax I left it off and its been fine.

5. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The serving where the nocking point is on my bow is platsic, not string. So its alot slicker. And my d-loop material is Winners Choice Ultimate, hardly ****. I can get a few thousand shots before it shows any sign of wear. I've also tried using different types of loop material, poly and nylon, with similar results.

Since I have a string supressor Ive been meaning to remove the string silencers and what not to see if I can get the bow to be less noisy. I could try the nock/peep thread to tie in the loop. Should be a lower profile on the string and also not weigh as much as the brass nock points. Thanks for the link.

6. Ben

Ben Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shoot 60 lb with easton ics 340s, with 100 grain BH and i should be shooting around 410 at 7 grains per pound or somthing like that, and my arrows are 422 grains, and they fly great