My annual goals thread.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mobow, Aug 1, 2008.

1. AF HUNTER RET

AF HUNTER RET Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know YOU used a dictionary to learn how to spell dictionary!:woot:

2. MOmighty

MOmighty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My goal for this year is to see a decent buck, so that I can figure out where to hunt him. I have not seen a respectable buck in a few years while bowhunting, so I think I am due!:bash: Other than that my goals are to hunt hard, Sit longer on stand, and give certain spots more sits rather than moving to a deifferent spot after no sightings. Another goal of mine is to get picked for the managed hunt I applied for, which is where the big boys roam.:cool:

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My goal this year are to get my daughter out in the blind with me and get her to see as many deer as possible. I want to see her get excited when one comes into range!!! Oh, and to shoot a respectable buck this year also!!!

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My goal this year are to get my daughter out in the blind with me and get her to see as many deer as possible. I want to see her get excited when one comes into range!!! Oh, and to shoot a respectable buck this year also!!!

5. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Seriously........I really don't care anymore. They are morons. It would take 5-7 years to see any results if they did a RADICAL overhaul which is no where in sight. Bottom line for me is NY is what it is and there is no point sitting in your stand pretending it is not.

I can be in OHIO in 2 hours so if I want a better shot at a big deer it's not really that much of a hassle.

Once the ML's start banging away in early October the archery season will be ruined beyond repair........we already miss the rut and only get to hunt for 4 weeks as it is........and make no mistake about it once the ML season gets started earlier then archery most guys with a shotgun will grab a ML and early october will turn into "opening day junior".......the deer will be in shock before we even enter the woods.

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Best yet bols.

7. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Short version
    Shoot a bull elk, 2 P&Y bucks and 6 does.

Long version
    In dream world I'd take the elk, & one of the bucks with trad gear as well as 2-3 does. The other buck & a couple does with the bowtech, and one last doe with my revolver.
    In reality, I will be happy to take any of the critters with any bow.