I am surprised

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by stikbow26, Aug 1, 2008.

1. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting last night and I have my bow dialed in!! It is a 101st airborne set at72# with a 28 1/2 inch draw and I am shooting CX maxima's 350. Now my old ones are the 350's and my new ones are the 350 wieght forward cut to the same exact lentgh, now when I shoot them the old ones hit 4 inch's higher than the wieght forwards I am surprised at that big of distance for the same basic arrow.. Walt

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like there's a 0.7 grain per inch weight differnce in the standard Maximas and the Maxima Hunters which would amount to almost a 20 grain difference in your total arrow weight. So liken that to switching from 100 grain heads to 125 grain heads and you can see why such a big difference.

3. stikbow26

Dislikes Received:
    We were shooting at about 30 yards at the time!!! Walt

4. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There has to be something else that's missing from the equation.

Are the "old" ones slight larger in diameter or are they exactly the same? I have to admit I'm not that familiar with Maxima's but the weight difference should not be effecting it by 4"s.

:confused:

5. stikbow26

Dislikes Received:
    They look the same size only 1 yaer apart when I bought them, I went out again last night to try it again and the same results. Both cut the same lengh and say they are 350 maxima's I did leave one thing out the old ones that are shooting high have 4 inch vanes and the new weight forwards have blazers. Could it maybe be vane contact with the rest??

6. Passthru

Passthru Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think the weight forward Maxima Hunter is causing the difference. Its a different weight distribution and the Hunters are slightly heavier than the origional Maximas. Not sure if it would cause a 4" varience though but it might.

Jay