Hunter Safety System Treestand Lifeline

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Arrowstar, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Arrowstar

Arrowstar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    As a father of 2 (come April,3!),I've become much more safety conscious and aware of tree stand safety. This year I purchased the Lifeline by Hunter Safety. I don't know any other way to put this... Everyone should have and use this product! Very simple to use, quiet, and resonably priced considering it could save you from a serious fall. The fact that you're tied off from the moment you leave the ground until you get back down is priceless. 2 thumbs up!!

2. boonedog

boonedog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think you are right Arrowstar. These safety lines seem to be a great thing. Have you had any problems with the line retracting back into the unit when climbing up the stand?

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    The 2009 and pro series hunter safety vests are now 20% lighter and have rubber coated
    buckles for silence.

T

4. Arrowstar

Arrowstar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We're taling about 2 different products. The lifeline is simply a rope that is wrapped around the tree above your stand about head height and hangs to the ground. A short "lifeline" rope is attached to this by means of what I think is called a prussic knot. This knot will slip up and down the main rope as you ascend and descend but will stop you from falling.

I know what product your refering to and I've heard that that is a problem with the retractables.

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    The more I read about it, the more I think I really need to invest in a HSS vest as well as this and the lineman's belt.

6. mddave

mddave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the line is awsome.. no other word for it.. quite easy to use ...now i need to find one for every setup!