Silencing My Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cabinkd, Jul 28, 2010.

1. cabinkd

cabinkd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Bowtech and they come standard with Bowtech's Hush Kit. It is an 06 bow so the silencers on my strings are now shot. I was wondering what everybody used to silence thier strings? I could get some more of the string pieces installed at a local shop but I am interested in what else is out there..

2. Jay Pope

Jay Pope Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a '06 BT myself and rather than replace my string silencers when they fell apart I ordered a MeanV string suppressor. I highly recommend it and highly recommend Dan. He's a very nice guy who is more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Plus, right now he's offering free shipping for orders over $20. Here's the link, hope it works.

https://www.meanvarchery.com/index....th=1_7&zenid=2de49675c97322f91c61f0e2e3f579e4

3. cabinkd

cabinkd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I am going to have to go with a front mount string suppressor. I am looking into the String Tamer GII. Its a good idea and will prolly last longer than the string silencers.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have an STS and bowjaxs in addition to the suppressors built into my Drenalin.

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great product from a great businessman. I'd rather not load my string up with extra weight. Get a sts from Dan and you don't need the string silencers IMO.

6. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, although I do not use Dan's supressor, he makes a nice product. I haven't ran silencers on my strings in quite a few years now. Any String stop coupled with a few Bowjax or SVL products on your stab., cable slide, sight arm, etc.. can do wonders. Also the Rizrjax help a lot! If I were to run string silencers it would be cat whiskers, no doubt!