pse stinger

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by roger460xvr, Jul 5, 2010.

1. roger460xvr

roger460xvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    looking for a good bow to start out with???bass pro has the package for 419.00 what do ya think??? any other good bows for around 500.00 to start hunting with.. HELP.

2. greeneyedeagle

greeneyedeagle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got a PSE Stinger and really like it alot. Looked at the same packages at BP but found online for $60 less and free shipping. GREAT bow.

3. Underdog

Underdog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like my pse stinger, it is a great shooting bow for the money, i would just start shooting alot of different bows and go with what feels good to you

4. roger460xvr

roger460xvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The stinger is sounding better all the time.

5. roger460xvr

roger460xvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any one have any other point of veiws?? on the pse stinger??

6. newguy

newguy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a PSE stinger in March. I really like that bow and it was a great bow to start with. I became addicted to archery and started trying other bows. I found one that fits me better than my stinger. Being the addict that I am i ordered a Hoyt turbo hawk. My Stinger will be my back up bow.
    Try shooting as many bows as you can before you decide on which bow is best for you and have fun!:tu:

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I took my first deer in Nov. '07 with a shotgun. I was hooked and by invite to come back out by my uncle, I purchased the Stinger. Early January of '08 I was tracking my first bow kill.

Fast forward to July of '10 and I'm calling the local bow shop tomorrow to have a new string and cable put on. I was one click away from a newer faster bow, but just couldn't justify the purchase. I haven't had the bow let me down yet and I'm not a target/3d competitor so it serves my purpose perfectly.

As a hunting bow I don't think you can get much better for the price new in box, used is a different story. I wouldn't pass up shooting one in the local shop by word of mouth, nor would I base my decision on it. But I will say it has far more positive reviews than negative on any forum you search, that alone should atleast justify a trial shoot. A lot of people still shoot Bear Whitetail II's, it's all about you and yours.

My reasoning for taking it on was the price and features. Fast, pretty quiet, good brace height, decent ATA and if I didn't like it, it I wasn't going to take a huge hit on the resale of a "new" used bow.

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hands down the best bow for the buck on the market! It is fast enough, easy to tune and shoot, durable, and dependable. It is a work horse bow whose application is endless. In the right hands, this bow is unstoppable!

9. BOWSPEC

BOWSPEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go with the turbowhawk as mentioned above...for the money it is a better bow!

10. roger460xvr

roger460xvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hoyt turbo hawk is better than the pse stinger? but the stinger has the package for 419.00>>

11. gunther89

gunther89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pse stinger and love it. Got it set at 60 pounds and harvested a 167 inch 17 pointer last year with it. Can't beat the price on it either.

12. dale9805

dale9805 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i went to cabellas a few months ago with a pse stinger in mind, i'm a big fan of there show but i tried a bear charge package when i got there it was a more complete package the bow felt and shot better and was quiter, it was even $20 cheaper so that is the bow i purchased and have been very happy with.

13. newguy

newguy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you have made up your mind. You wont be disapointed the Stinger is a nice bow.

14. roger460xvr

roger460xvr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the ft.myers bass pro yesterday and bought the pse stinger they were very helpful and set it up then shot in the room for at least 2 full hours.. 419.00 package then the redhead caliper 44.00 and the carbon fury arrows $60.00 total around $545.00 out the door i;m HAPPY..:nana:

15. newguy

newguy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats great news! Now get out there and shoot till your arm falls off! :p
    You will be hitting the X before you know it.