2 Down In da Snow...from 12 / 9

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NubbyStalker, Dec 10, 2008.

1. NubbyStalker

NubbyStalker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    12 / 9 / 08

This has got to be one of the wierdest seasons I have ever had.

Woke up this morning and work was called off due to snow so I hurried and got my butt out into the pines at 6:30am. The snow was comming down so hard you couldn't really see to well in the dark but heck...I know where my stands are.

Well I was a bit to giddy I guess and rushed into my stand faster than I should have and kicked out 2 little doe that were bedded near to where I know a trail to be and thought my day was done....but what the hell, might as well sit and watch for movement.

About 8-9am I thought screw it, no sense in getting cold and wet for nothing...so i started back through the pines this time a bit more cautious.

It paid off.

I spotted what I thought was movement in the pines and honestly thought it was a squirel or turkey but thems good eatin' too so I waited. It weren't no squirel...

...IT WAS A NICE 9 POINTER AT 23 YARDS!!

I swear he stopped in the only opening that would allow a shot in those pines....put the 20 yard pin on his chest and let'r fly...

*THWACK*.....DIG...BOUND....BOUND...STOP....DOWN...BACK UP....DIG...DIG....INTO THE SWAMP....

Friggin' blood everywhere...( thank you G5 SM )...but no arrow to be found...damn

Now we got over a foot of snow so its time to bring out the posse....mainly my niebour and brother. I wait for about 15 minutes for them to get here with the deer sled and we go back to the pines to start tracking...not too hard with the blood and the snow. So I get on his tracks with my brother on the left side of the swamp and my niebour on the right in case it takes off. As soon as I hit the swamp this big doe takes off twards my brother and he whistels at her to try and turn her back my way since I'm at full draw already. Well, she keeps running and goes out into the open field and stops...then snorts at us..." wtf " I think to myself.." thats wierd "

Then I see why, theres another deer in the woods straight ahead of me. it's not moving and I judge it to be about 45 yards..open shot. Put the 40 yard pin on its back and ......

*THWACK*.....BOUND...BOUND...CRASH....SILENCE.

I kept on the first ones bloodtrail while my brother found the little BB. We pulled the BB to where the buck was laying and took this....

What a morning. (...and no comments bout my scent waffer Mickey Mouse ears... )

[​IMG]

2. boonedog

boonedog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that is a great day! Good job making the shots. And, that's a very nice buck! The little one will be good eatin' too!

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn nice buck there Nubby!! Congratulation's on getting 2 deer!:hail: :cool:

4. dmjarb01

dmjarb01 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to be a hard ass and take advantage of the opportunity. Also, congrats.

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go