Team 6 - Thunder Chasers

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Brandon8807, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Brandon8807

Brandon8807 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How do you edit the title of the thread and not just the title of my post? I haven't figured out how to do it lol.

2. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I couldn't figure out how to do it on one of my threads. I don't think you can....

3. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Woah, ill investigate and get back to ya!
    Well I tried to edit the title on one of my post as well withj no luck. I hit edit, then go advanced, redid the title but it never showed up changed. hmmmm

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Does Dubs have the ability to change it for us if we request it? I figured he might be able to do it since he's runnin this shindig. I'll send him a PM if need be.

5. Th3_IA

Th3_IA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the name! Im all set to start hunting. My season opens here in Iowa on the 12 of April and runs until the 15 of May I believe. Good Luck gentlemen!

6. Jim_IV

Dislikes Received:
    Well it looks like I will be headed up to Kansas the 13th through the 17th to chase Easterns. I'm going to try and squeeze in a hunt here in Texas before then though

7. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Woo Hoo we have a name, good job on the edit ;)
    I so envy you guys that are getting ready to start :) Good luck boys, and have fun ;)
    I was in the boat fishing yesterday and heard one gobbling, I got all giddy inside :D

8. BOW/zimmer

BOW/zimmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I was able to get another turkey permit, so I have 3 chances now to bag a bird with my bow....I have to wait till April 28th :( Good luck to you guys that start up soon!!

9. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not 100% sure when our season opens this year. I know that this upcoming weekend we will be taking a young hunter out for the youth hunt, so I think that the first season opens up shortly after that. I'll keep you guys updated on the success of the kid we're taking out this weekend. It's a blast getting to take people out that aren't fortunate enough to have their own land, especially when the kids Dad just returned from a deployment. There's no better way to bond, and I'm lucky enough to get to witness it.

10. Th3_IA

Th3_IA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know what you mean Brandon. Two years ago I took a friend of mines son out turkey hunting several times. He finally ended up shooting the biggest big ever taken off the farm. We had taken over 20 birds off that farm over the years and his was the biggest one of all! He didn't realize how big it was, but he will in a few years when he hasn't out done himself! I can't wait to go this year. Im taking my girlfriend for the first time and see if I can get her an arhery bird. Im sure it won't be easy but Im looking forward to the challenge.

11. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Well, whenever I took the youth hunter out on Saturday morning we had birds all around us. If I had to guess there were probably 15 or so birds gobbling on the roost, but they were all a ways away from where they had set up the blind the previous night. I did a little tree calling, and really picked it up once they sounded like they'd flown down. About 45 minutes later we had a borderline jake/tom, as his beard was close to the 6" mark gobbling about 80 yards away from us. Another ten minutes went by, and 8 jakes appeared at the top of the hill walking our way in a single file line. They walked right by us at about 20 yards, but unfortunately the way they had postioned the blind the night before prevented him from getting a shot. I could have shot any one of them had I wanted though. We moved setups 3 or 4 more times throughout the day, but all we saw was a lone hen skirting the edge of the timber. I didn't go out with them on Sunday morning, as I was trying to catch up a bit on sleep, but my Dad took them out. They were able to get a shot at a jake, and he successfully killed his first turkey. Overall, it was a great weekend.

12. BOW/zimmer

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, Brandon! Sounds like a good time to me! I will be taking my brother out this weekend for the WI youth turkey season. We had a hard time killing a bird last year, but I think this year is going to be a successful year for him. We are going to Cabelas on Thursday to pick up the Double Bull Dark Horse ground blind...Cant wait to set it up Saturday morning :)

13. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    close call Brandon, bet it was fun anyway ;) its getting close boys, cant wait to try my new camo :)

14. Jim_IV

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff Brandon!

15. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    For the deer contest my team exchanged numbers to update on hunts/share success via texts. Would you guys be interested in doing the same? Just thought I'd throw it out there.

16. BOW/zimmer

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a plan to me, I will PM you guys my digits!:D

17. Brandon8807

Dislikes Received:
    Well... first season opens up for us on Monday morning. Unfortunately, I have to be to my chemistry class at 9 AM on Monday morning. I won't be able to get out and hunt until next weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to get a bird to come in. The past couple days I've seen a couple of toms out strutting in the field, but it was after 1, which is when we have to call it quits for the day here in IL. When do you guys get to start hunting?

18. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Mine will be the 21st, Ill be out with my 10 year old this Saturday for the youth opener :)

19. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    I will get some pics posted for you guys of my secret killing machine decoy Tom and hen setup,,,its a little beat up from getting spurred :D give me a day or two :)

20. BOW/zimmer

Dislikes Received:
    I had some success this last weekend. I took my brother out for the WI Youth Opener and had a good opening morning! Last year we had a hard time closing the deal, but we were both detemined to make it happen this year and it did! He shot his bird at 9:45 am Saturday morning. It was 21lbs and had a 7.5in beard with 3/4in spurs and I got it all on film...It happend pretty fast! I made a huge mistake though that I will never do again and that is, I didn't have the audio on, so there is no sound! :( Oh well, that will be a hunt I will never forget! I will let you know when the video is finished!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010