Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Browning Strike Force ProX 1080

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by early in+, Aug 28, 2024.

1. early in+

early in+ Guest

I just started using these cams last year. I like them enough that I have three of them now. For roughly $150, they take very good pics and videos, which is what I have them set for. The audio is surprisingly good!

Anybody else using these cams, and if so, how do you like them?

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome back man

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Tony and early in like this.
  3. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been running browning cameras like that for years. As far as a non cellular cameras go I don’t think you can beat them. Great pictures great videos and audio like you said. The battery life is the best thing. I put them on a tree in July and they run through January in northern Illinois with lithium batteries and still say 100%. The only time I’ve killed them is when I left one on a small tree that moved slot and I was getting thousands of pictures in a couple week stretch. They don’t take a lot of batteries either. I sill have 3 or 4 and haven’t had to buy some in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

early in likes this.
  4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're right about battery life, I neglected to mention that. My cams are still at roughly 85% charge since last season.

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got two Brownings out now/non-cell/reg. SD and they have been flawless, I do use lithiums in 'em and even in extreme cold they take good pics and last from july thru feb. easily .... been hesitant on the cells cams due to reception/delivery of the pics .... i dont want to fill my phone up with trash pics and Im not going to get another phone with more storage either.... can the pics go straight to my laptop instead ?? (dont think so) .. was also looking at the Defender Pro Scout Max if I get one ... btw, I will only use the no-flash/no glow types as these go on state lands (12 ft+ high)... good reviews on Trailcam Pro.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
  6. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The cell cams are very convenient, but hunting public land like I do, puts their safety at risk. They are not cheap cams. Also, even if given the choice between a cell cam and a conventional trail cam at the same cost, I'd go with the conventional. My reasoning is, I prefer to walk into the woods to check/switch cards on my cams, which gives me the advantage of checking for new/current sign in the woods, especially around the pre-rut/rut time frame.
    Physically going into the woods also gives me the chance to see if any new trees have fallen at my hunting site that might block shooting lanes, or block my trail into my hunting area. My woods are quite thick for the most part, so I need to take a specific route into my stand.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
  7. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with the above... I'll try to get to the cams at least once before season if time allows, after that its only if I hunt the spot or close to it, I wont go out of my way to check a cam (they are up just to see whats out there, not for scouting per se) ....... I do walk thru's every year in late aug./sept. just to check the stand trees and access/checking bright eyes, down trees or stand tree damage .... I'm also looking if anyone put up stands where my stand trees are (I back pack in stand/sticks every hunt) ... I now have around 40 possible stand trees/locations, some in a bow only area, the others where gun guys can hunt also come the gun seasons. .. some are hunted, some are skipped over, some I havnt been into in several years (due to other hunter intrusions), but are huntable if I deem so .. example last season, found a good location in a gun accessible area before gun season, went in in the dark, set up and at day light found out a gun guy put up a damn ladder 40yds from my location, never went back .. I'll check it again this year, but if it looks like whoever is around, I wont hunt there .. 5 locations left to check, and the cams if I get time .... that will be around 20 locations for this season