Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

brand of string

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by SONAS, Jun 8, 2024.

1. SONAS

SONAS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to bow hunting and have just picked up an older Bear bow that shoots well. I have shot it approx. 20 times and it seems to perform well. I don't know the complete history of the bow and was wondering if I should go ahead and replace the string? Any suggestions as to brand of string to purchase?
    Thanks in advance for any help given.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    New strings and cables are a great way to learn and develop on a new bow, so many brands out there.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First off, welcome aboard! Not knowing the history of the bow or how old the string & cables are, I would definitely recommend getting them replaced. You're better safe than sorry.

If you're just getting started into archery with a used bow, I wouldn't worry about spending the most amount of money on the best/highest quality strings you can get. The truth is, most people don't shoot well enough to notice whatever minute differences there may be between a "good" string and a "great" string.

My personal recommendation would be something like an ABB "Force" series. They come in all black and have a 6 month warranty against peep rotation, serving separation and string stretch. At $120 for a full set, it's tough to beat. And you can save 10% with code "bhod". :)