Bow Upgrade

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by cdot, Apr 18, 2024.

1. cdot

cdot Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to upgrade my bow
    what order would be the best to do these in as I am not in a place financially to do them all at the same time
    1. sight
    2.strings
    3.arrow rest

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would do strings first. There is risk to a lot of damage happening to the bow if a string or cable breaks. Plus, a new string set combined with a good Tech will ensure the bow is in spec and tuned, vital to repeatability and accuracy.
    I'd then do the rest next. A good solid rest is also very important to accuracy.
    Sight last. I've used all kinds of sights of varying type & quality over the years, I've never had one that I couldn't get to do its job. So it would be last on my list.

Fix likes this.
  3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    good set of threads is a good starting point .... get the bow tuned and shooting the best it can then worry about the other stuff ... a new rest can help you break in the string/cables ... ... as stated, new sight last .........
    I'm waiting for my set of Vec 99 for the SR350 coming from CatfishCustoms so I can re-set/tune it back up for this season .. (everything else will stay the same ) ..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    addendum : threads arrived (Vec99), nice set of strings/cables from Catfish/Mike ... Desert Sand/Black/Black serving ... on the bow now, finishing set up, bare shaft tuning indoors, etc. (they settle in fast).. then I'll shoot outdoors Sunday weather permitting, wont shoot BH's yet, that will come after I'm satisfied with the FP tune/flight/set up .. ....