The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SOB not paying attention while posting, I shook up my diet pepsi instead of my V8 and opened it up. WTF.

TJF, ash d and oldnotdead like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And when it has been a little warm the GD wind is blowing so it still feels cold.​

TJF, oldnotdead and MnHunterr like this.
  3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People who wear all black while running in the dark. If I hadn't seen just a glimpse of sugar-white pasty legs flash at the edge of the headlight beam, I would have hit somebody leaving the neighborhood this morning. Wear a reflective vest or a headlamp or something.

TJF, JeffC, oldnotdead and 3 others like this.
  4. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Or do the same while riding a bicycle in the dark, no lights and against traffic-in the middle of the fawking lane!!

And to top that, in a snow storm!!!

This guy is either high or has a death wish...maybe both

TJF, ash d and oldnotdead like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A DA that got a DWI.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Some time ago when I was a cop we had a rash of officer/pedestrian vehicle encounters. It was bad...killed some. I'm a relatively new officer at the time. One night I worked a dui detail and within 5 mins of marking into service I see this guy in all black cross the road in a dimly lit section. Right after that I see a car turn quickly and hit/flip this dude head over heals up into the air and onto the pavement. I got on the radio and told them what I had and the on duty LT started getting all crazy on the radio asking me these circular questions to see if I was the one who had struck the guy. Finally realized what he wanted and said, "no sir I didn't hit anyone with my cruiser:....he responded and sounded 100 lbs lighter. LOL!

Mod-it, TJF, ash d and 1 other person like this.
  7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You'd be surprised how many of us are Yankees, especially in the metros.

I tell people in bilingual...I speak Yankee and sweet tea.

TJF and Sota like this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    SOB on the drive home had a mini van just about pull over into my truck, I had to hit the brakes hard. Like I need that crap on a Friday afternoon.

9. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It'll be awhile yet before I go look for sheds (like June) lol.
    Went for a tour for coyotes a bit ago. Visibility kinda sucks.
    20230324_185054.jpg 20230324_165605.jpg

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah we have that here too it sucks. There will be ice on the lake till mid May.

TJF likes this.
  11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People who dump thier dogs in the country thinking they will find a new home or survive suck! Yesterday a van went down the lane I live on that goes back to a wildlife area. Stopped and kicked out 3 dogs. I now have an adult male and two shivering pups camping out at my back door. This has happened multiple times that I have lived here, and it breaks my heart everytime it does. I'll be making another animal control call later this morning!

TJF, oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I used to live trap raccoons and bring them into town to release them so the town folk could see wildlife.:biggrin:

13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's how we got one of my husband's dogs. The nieghbor got a few like that. DEC has had to shoot a couple over the years. I have no problem calling in a deer kill. They'd come out for that.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If shooting a dog isn't one of the hardest things you ever had to do you are not much of a person. I shot 1 dog in my life close range handgun to the top of the head, took some whiskey to do that.

ash d likes this.
  15. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1. Is this the same place that they fine you $50 a day if the " Grass Police " say your grass is too tall in your yard??

2. The same place that charges you a fee for rainwater going down the street storm drains?? Like it is your fault it rained?? A fee for the city storm drain itself.

3. Sweating your balls off at 5:30 in the morning because the humidity is high. Probably a fee or fine for that.

4. Can't put up a small storage building in your back yard without approval. Hell, you can't plant a tree in your back yard without approval!!

5. Have an emission test done on your vehicle before being able to get your yearly license tag.

6. 45 minute commute time to drive 2 miles to work.

7. Crime that is skyrocketing out of control.

Now you are probably wondering how a hick from ND knows this. Well, my boss died a year and a half ago. His son came back to run the farm. He lived in Charlotte for 25 years. He still owns a house there that his grown kids are living in. The sh!t you have to put up with living there makes the snowy, bitterly cold winter wonderland here a paradise. I can rant about the cold and snow but go out and put up another b1tch barn for the wife or plant a tree anytime I want. The only approval I need is mine. There are no fee/fines and very seldom crime other than the neighbors being idiots. The deputy sheriffs stop at my house just so I can tell them they got the wrong house... AGAIN. It keeps me amused. :biggrin:

cantexian, oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    F'ing chihuahua I put peanut parts out on a rock in the yard on the weekends so I can watch the birds. Chihuahua lays on the couch, she ignores the squirrels, she ignores when there are 10 blue jays fighting it out on the rock or even the pilliated. Crow shows up she loses her shat hair standing up growling and barking. I like crows they are so smart and that yapping little crap head is having none of it.

ash d and TJF like this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Dogs that are feral and get on a deer become brain dead with the fever of the chase. When when they are on a downed deer they aren't your "pet dog" they are DANGEROUS period! Several times I've had to protect myself from such dogs in on our land. One I yelled at and it as it chased a deer past me. It turned and attacked. I had to beat it off with a limb until I hit our road then it backed me up the road until hubby finally heard my screaming for help. He came out on the deck to see the attack . Went back in and got a shot gun. I was on the road so yelled for him to shoot in the air. That was the only thing that stopped that dog. Another I had a blood dripping lab charge and didn't have e enough time to even lift my gun and shot from mid thigh. Missed it but hit the one behind him. Bear our 130 # reg. Shepherd saved me from a chow. He picked it up by the neck and shook it like a rag doll until I gave the release command. Hubby had a dog chase him all the way to our house as he had to scoop up his dog and ran. He got the rifle and as he stepped out the door the dog lounged off our drive way bank and he hit it mid air dropping it in the drive.
    You'll never see me feel sorry or turn my back on a dog in the woods . I have way less fear of the bear here.

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lol Last week I watched a spot on how ppl are moving there in droves...several"natives" came right out and said they didn't want the new comers. Got to say that stuck in my head as bad as NYS is.

19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking this is an on the fence rant. Winds are wild 50mph gusts 25 sustained. The electric has blinked off 5 times so far.
    That said it is still on now and phone service JUST texted me they are working to resolve outages in our area. We still have service...so a best thing in life so far, alls well we still have power. Just blinked off again ....going to be a long day and not good for appliances.

Ps
    Just saw news . God bless those people and protect survivors in the path off the tornados down south. Perspective and counting blessings.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Now where are we going find cheap US made chocolate Easter bunnies?