The what gear did you buy today thread!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Jacob1, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that's a problem!

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Especially when arrows cost about $35 a piece with a lighted nock and broadhead. Still mad about that one in the pond in Missouri. :lol:

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  3. Alone

Alone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a 3d printed mathews claw from G3D. I'm hoping it will attach to the lwcg quick quiver mount

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My 2013 Ford Expedition Raptor clone finally clocked 100k miles last month, been nickle and diming me for about a year, and has been fighting rusty rockers and another exhaust manifold leak. Long story short, was time to put her to pasture while she still ran like a violated ape and unlike a violated ape, had no fluid leaks. I wasn't looking to buy new, but newer-used prices and interest rates are insane now and I was able to score a screaming deal on a still-new 2022 F150 3.5 Eco w/ max trailer package inc. trailer brake assist, 3.55s, locking rear diff, extended range 36 gallon gas tank, and every option I wanted except bed mounted power bank. Assuming status quo, with an aluminum body and as little as I drive my personal cars, this will probably be my second-to-last or maybe even last truck before I get too old to drive or croak. And it will be paid off well before I retire.

She's sexy AF, too. Not an inch of nasty chrome to be seen. I really like the factory rear dual exhaust. I don't need (need is relative) to add any aftermarket mods other other than a cold air, bedliner, a leveling kit, and probably a color matched topper once we get closer to deer season. The stock tires are pretty decent, not true ATs like I prefer but not exactly street tires either.

Anyway, here she is.

upload_2023-3-7_0-5-11.png

upload_2023-3-7_0-6-40.png

upload_2023-3-7_0-7-48.png

upload_2023-3-7_0-22-59.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet rig!!

My 2016 has 140K on the clock with zero issues so far, but it's going to be time to trade her in probably next year. I'm hoping to squeeze one more season out of the old girl. I have the sissy 2.7 EB in mine, but with the CAI and a chip, she runs pretty good. Although I dropped down to the 87 performance tune when gas prices really started to climb a couple of years ago. But at almost 43 I don't feel the need to give 'er hell quite as much as I used to. I also leveled mine, put slightly bigger than stock tires on, and a Leer topper. I dread having to buy a new one when that time comes. They use to be about 2K, now they're $3,500 for the same thing. Ouch.

cantexian and dnoodles like this.
  6. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sweet for a Ford. The personalized front plate somewhat redeems the badge.

cantexian, ash d and dnoodles like this.
  7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!
    I was looking at toppers online last night and holy crap you're right they have gone up about $1000 since 2016 or so. I had one for my 2015 and it was actually one of the nice fancy ones, carpeted, wired and all that, and it was 'only' $2,200 installed and wired in. Also several area dealers have gone out of business since then, so not near as much competition for my money.

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    It would be really nice if GM started using aluminum bodies or Ford started using GM's new basically rust proof frames. I swear they collude on these things.

I also wish Ford made a short extended cab without suicide doors like Chevy does, that way I could have a six and a half foot bed with the same overall length as this but oh well. It's a good looking truck and should last me a really long time

ash d and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  9. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the ASIO camo for early to mid season, my current camo for early season has seen better day. I want to buy now but trying to loose a few lbs so I’m not sure about sizing. There maybe a sale between now and the opener so I’ll try to put it off but it looks good for spring turkey as well.

dnoodles likes this.
  10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Unless you are just dead set on getting something different, the 23 bed should be the same as a 16. Just get the same color truck. When I was trade shopping my 15, I had multiple dealerships tell me that a $2,000 topper doesn't add a dime to resale value and certainly doesn't on what they offer you on trade. Just take it off and throw it in your garage before you sell it and then slap it on your new rig. $3,500 saved right there.

11. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Just ordered these for my birthday. For those not in the know, Firstlite now has Phelps and FHF gear under the meateater brand. The bags are dyneema...super light and tough for organizing stuff. I ordered a few to try em out. The gloves are the guide lite touches. Mostly ready to go turkey hunting I think. 20230307_143336.jpg

Shocker99 likes this.
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    this may be incorrect info...had a local dealer tell me otherwise today, said they switched from 21 to 22 but I am not sure I believe him. ARE has 15+ as their only option- maybe manufacturer specific?

upload_2023-3-8_22-12-5.png

13. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been in the market for a new bino harness system, been using the badlands for many years but wanted ti upgrade, so my brothers and I bought the Marsupials.

Lots of cool new colors to choose from as well:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guy on Facebook has a Lone Wolf climber for sale and would meet about 30 miles away. Said he’d only used it a couple times.
    Came home with a Lone Wolf Sit-n-Climb that looks brand new for $250.
    Missing one of the stabilizer straps, but that’s a easy fix. Told the wife I could sell it on eBay for $400, but why? I sold my old LW climber and sure miss it.

Attached Files:

15. Alex Killman

Alex Killman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had one of the Trophy Ridge Hex Lights? Are the lights really a good idea? Can't tell how bright they are when they're on.

Katt72 likes this.
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was feeling a little edgy today and bought, not one, but two packs of judo points...

Good thing too, cause I'm now expecting a big estimate for vehicle repairs...

17. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I have one in black. I discussed a couple of pages back on this thread. The lights are not headlamp bright. However, it is enough to climb down the tree and walk out in the dark with. I had to do this on my last hunt of the season, forgot my headlamp on that hunt and didn't realize it until I was packing up in the dark.

Katt72 likes this.
  18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of years ago, I won a half dozen Victory RIP Gamers in 300 spine. They have been sitting in a box unused because I didn't need them. Yesterday I ordered to bare shafts from Lancaster Archery to build out as test arrows. Assuming these build out and shoot well, I will build out the half dozen. If not, I will sell the half dozen and buy more of the Black Eagles I have been using for the last few years.

19. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up another Hoyt Axius Ultra. Should be here next week.
    Now it begins again, setting up a new bow. Got everything sitting here except a rest.

cantexian and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  20. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    picked up some new bino's
    Got the Vortex Triumph HD 10x42
    They are Vortex's "entry level" lowest price point, but so far they seem good and they came with the vortex glasspak harness. While not the best harness, its still a harness. I was able to mount my range finder to the side and am going to give it a try while shooting this weekend.

under $100 so thought it was worth the risk, had been using some bushnell's that are 13 years old now. I even left them hanging in a stand after a hunt and they stayed there until I checked stands the next summer.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023