Hunt Swapping?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by NorthmanJW, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorthmanJW

NorthmanJW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever used this forum to exchange hunting opportunities? I'm looking into the actual swap a hunt sight but was curious if it's a "thing" on here.

Sent from my SM-A107M using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Rodolfo Lazo

Rodolfo Lazo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. probably it would apply to exchange hunting trips. You come to hunt with me to my place then i go to hunt with you to yours. As the people who receive other at home for vacations and then they receive you there...could sound crazy but you can afford very nice hunting places too...

3. Gabriel Denzine

Gabriel Denzine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out Cervicide! Hunt swaps are big on there.

I went on this Mule deer hunt in exchange for a Missouri Whitetail hunt this October, they are awesome!!

4. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tried it a few times on other sites, not here. First was a guy on the defunct North American Hunting Club. He’s been here twice and I’ve never been invited to anything.
    One was a deer hunt for hog hunting, ended up going on a hog hunt on my dime.
    I’ll keep trying because I enjoy helping someone harvest a nice whitetail, but anymore I don’t expect it to be reciprocated.

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love sharing my backyard, and the network I have around the globe. Just ask, and I will do what I can to help you in Colorado, the surrounding states, or elsewhere. I honestly believe we hunters miss out when we fail to take the game to another court. The world is an amazing place...and sharing it is everything!

6. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been swapping hunts since 2005, and still doing it, not on this site though

7. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just to let everyone know I had JSTEPHENS61 a member from this forum on a spring bear hunting swap, he disappeared after he wounded a bear, all Kind excuses when I was suppose to go hunt with him
    Be very careful swapping with him

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  8. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify, I did leave a couple days after shooting a bear and not finding it. Pasquale’s idea of tracking is to bust into the bush with a stretcher, stomping around looking for the bear, not blood.
    When you get to his “camp”, you’ll find it’s in the middle of a campground surrounded be full timers that enjoy smoking pot and playing music till all hours of the morning. You can’t drink the water, found that out the day before I left. No one had stayed in the cabin for years. He didn’t even know the store had closed 2 years before. The cabin is an old camper that someone had built on to. Mosquitoes come and go as they please through all the holes in the place.
    You’ll have to bring your own target, he doesn’t own one but is more than happy to shoot yours. The stands he puts you in have been nailed to trees for years. The one I shot from a had a nice 5 gallon bucket on a half sheet of plywood to sit on.
    I was told we’d be hunting a new area that had not been hunted in years, ended up hunting the same baits he’s used for years. Don’t rely on his trail cams, ended up using a couple of mine. His didn’t work for some reason.
    I left because I was tired of being lied to and eaten by mosquitoes. I sent him a text, went and gathered my cameras and headed home.
    After all that, I was still willing to host him, at my home, for the Whitetail hunt. I have all the texts to prove that. He didn’t come because I wasn’t going to be able to go out and hunt with him every day. His words. I even postponed a surgery so I could be around.
    He goes by the name North River Outfitters, which happens to be the same as another full time reputable outfitter in the area. Don’t confuse the two. I’ve talked to them too about him.
    Please, by all means, go hunt with this guy. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
    He’s going around badmouthing me on ever forum board he can find. That’s OK, we both know the truth and I can prove what I say.

skull dislikes this.
  9. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds messy, I’ll stick to hunting with actual friends or solo.

ILbowhntr likes this.
  10. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:

Jim – you were invited to come up and shoot a bear which you did, on your second day of hunt. I never told you that you would be staying at the Taj Mahal. You wounded a bear and then ran away. Just to clarify, an hour had passed before I got there. You walked all over and only showed me two drops of blood. How do you expect me to follow blood and find the bear when there are only 2 drops.

Regarding the camp site…this is only seasonal so there are no “full timers” there. All these people are retired and there mostly on weekends only. I had told you there is no water and that you had to walk 30 feet to potable water. There is also a 11:00 p.m by-law for noise restriction, and smoking Pot is legal here.

I also told you that no one has been there for a few years because of Covid. The store did close because of Covid, and I told you 200 yards away was the next available store that was open.

Regarding the holes for the mosquitoes. Where are these holes? Why didn’t you take some pics if this was an issue for you. I was never made aware of any issues with the camp. This is all excuses because you have nothing bad to say about the actual hunt.

Yes, you brought your own target to shoot because you wanted to shoot brodhead and I told you that I only have a fieldpoint target.

I am not sure where you guys put your stands but the ones that I have are nailed to trees.

Just for the record the bait that you had been put on, had 4 different big bears that frequently visited the bait on the trail cameras. How come you never mentioned this in your posts?

I had more than enough trail cameras, but you decided to put yours out. No problem.

You said you left because you were lied to and eaten by mosquitoes. If you can’t handle mosquitoes maybe you should consider doing something else, not hunting. What exactly did I lie about? There were 4 different bears on your stand, and you wounded the biggest one. Were you here to kill a bear or something else?

You came up on a Wednesday, hunted Thursday, shot your bear on Friday, and left Saturday morning after I had invited you to my place for lunch. I called you many times and you never replied to texts, phone calls or e-mails.

The only text I received from you was the beginning of Sept saying that you were going to get an operation and that I would have to hunt by myself if I came down. Show me the texts where you state that you postponed your surgery to be around when I came down. What did I respond to this alleged text?

I have reached out to the other outfitter in North Bay and he confirms that you two have never spoken. You should keep other people out of your business. If you can prove what you say with texts or pics, then do so. Yes, I am badmouthing you as I don’t want anyone else to get scammed like I did. If you don’t want me to come down that is fine, you still owe me $1200 for your wounded bear. Everything that you have typed has been excuses to cover your ass. I haven’t heard anything bad about the actual hunt.

People can judge what they want, but my reputation speaks for itself. I am booking 2 years in advance and have been in the business since 1988. This is my first time getting scammed in over 30+ years.

11. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Get messy when people like him scamming hard working honest person like me, yes it get messy

12. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see a lot of finger pointing, you should handle this off a forum. Seems pretty silly to air it all out like this. Long story short, don’t trade hunts or you will end up in a pissin’ match on a public forum :usa:. You guys should contact Boonerville on the forums, he prob had some booners for you to chase in Iowa or whatever state he’s in now.

JeffC and ILbowhntr like this.
  13. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just want everyone to know about this scammer artist,
    I have been swapping hunts for very long time and all have been successful
    No everyone has the money to go through an outfitters, I was the nice guy to help someone, and yes I got screwed big time
    This is not a pissing match, this is ripping people off of thousands dollars
    And hopefully no one should go through this
    Everyone should know about this scammers

there is no finger pointing, he trying to cover his ass with lies

14. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    How am I a scam artist? 887C27D1-6212-4706-9102-A5C903711204.png 62BC696D-BC99-49AC-B059-D86788DDC76D.png D6DA203D-EDC3-43A8-BDB0-BB1DE06B7DC8.png

15. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There you go
    That’s what you said
    You never did reschedule your surgery liar
    You were not available for 2/3 weeks

Attached Files:

16. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, it was rescheduled for 11/29. Would you like to see the records?
    Hope you have a great life and think what you want about me, your opinion means nothing to me.

17. skull

skull Newb

Dislikes Received:
    People are not stupid they can tell you’ve been lying
    And you already admitted on the other forum that you were wrong
    I want people too know that you are a big scammer
    And you enjoy getting free hunt from honest people
    You should be ashamed of yourself

18. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    @Suncrest08 was spot-on when he said this should be handled offline.

I’m locking this thread and any future discussion of this on the forum will be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.