Great American Outdoor Show

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Suncrest08, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone going? I’ll be out there Monday and Tuesday. If you’re out get ahold of me will grab some beers !

MUDSHARK likes this.
  2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I went last year and had fun. First time going. I wanted to go again this year, but not sure I will have time. Smart move going during the week, it gets loaded on the weekend, I've been told.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Suncrest08 and MUDSHARK like this.
  3. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    That’s what I hear, I never went. Going out with my one buddy. Know a couple people that have booths and gonna stay a night over for some nonsense. He was telling us stories about guys from South Africa trying to bet 100$ a shot on the pool table and they get wild so should be interesting haha.

4. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to go 20plus years ago, went every year. used to be nothing but outfitters, did get some great deals on boots at end of week. Last time we went up was a totally different show. Never would go on a weekend, was packed during the week, cant imagine what it would be like.

Suncrest08 likes this.
  5. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    I will let ya know haha. I’m sure it’s gonna be a zoo

MUDSHARK and JeffC like this.
  6. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It used to be a tradition thing to go every year for my dad and I, and later for a couple of friends but not anymore. Its just too crowded for my taste and to be honest, the deals aren't all that great anymore compared to years ago. Its a fun day, with a bit of everything you could imagine in the sporting industry being all under one roof and with nothing else to do at the beginning of february is a nice thing to look forward to each year.

But yeah, wait until mid-late week and then go. I'll never go on a weekend again.

Suncrest08 likes this.
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to talk Todd into letting us go back to that show as an exhibitor next year, but he shot me down. :lol: It's just so damn long and ends up costing an arm and a leg between the booth space, travel, hotels, meals, etc. We would barely break even by the time it was all over, and then you're so run down from 10 straight days of insanity.

I would love to go as an attendee, though! 10 hours is just a touch too far to drive.

Next year I believe we're going to exhibit at the NWTF show in Nashville and probably the WI Deer & Turkey Expo in the Wisconsin Dells. That's the plan anyway. Get back to some consumer show fun!

muzzyman88, MUDSHARK and Suncrest08 like this.
  8. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday and Today was a good time and met some good people. It’s a lot to take in, wasn’t too busy either. Just got back home. Picked some cool stuff up and had a great time cutting it up with the company’s and seeing their new products. Some solid deals to be had throughout. Glad we made the trip out !

JeffC likes this.
  9. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe next year Holt can drag me up there, would like to look into an Elk hunt. Are outfitters still plentiful??

10. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal, Yep there are a pile of em from all over.

JeffC likes this.