Approaching our 500th Episode!

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Justin, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    1. Holy crap, we're old!
    2. What should we do to celebrate??

2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whatever it is y'all do to celebrate, you'll all be home by 930 anyway. LOL. Congrats to all of you on the success and the longevity. Hopefully you all stick around for another 500.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Randomly draw a forum member that has been around for at least half that time for a rut hunt as a guest on an episode next fall. Cover tags and travel, said member would be fine with bunking down in the office at night and eating from the vending machine all week. :lol:

Fix, Mod-it, Justin and 1 other person like this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think ya'll should throw a party at the hunt club. Free camping. BYOF/B. Do a 3d shoot for a prize, maybe one of your sloppy seconds bows or a discounted hunt out west with Dustin as grand prize, assorted other gimmes for the rest.

(Full disclosure- I am probably only an hour and a half drive from you guys so easy for me to say.)

Also, this is my 10th season with you guys and this site, so while it may not mean anything to anyone but me it does mean something to me. Have met some real good people here both IRL and behind the keyboard.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    Fix and cantexian like this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    We've been toying with the idea of bringing back the GTG as a public event. The biggest issue we always ran into was our facility isn't the best layout for a decent 3-D shoot, and the club is being used by paying members for trap shooting pretty much every weekend.

I think instead of doing that, we're going to team up with the guys at HHA to put on an event in Southern WI next year for their HHAUSA charity. So it would be a joint BHOD/HHAUSA event, probably at Racine Instinctive Bowmen or Bigfoot Archers. We'll probably have dates finalized sometime in December/January and then start making arrangements for local campsites that everyone can stay at if they're traveling in. Again, we're still working out details and trying to figure it out all, but it looks like it's going to happen next Spring or early summer.

Oh, and thank you for 10 years with us! Pretty impressive in its own right. Old man. :)

6. jgaudiojr

jgaudiojr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do a throw back episode. My wife and I miss the old format. Badass intro, Todd and Justin hosting and commentating together, hour long, one episode weekly releases, Pro-Staff FAQs at the beginning of their segment.

We would save the episode and look forward to coffee and BHOD on Saturday mornings before hunts, or when we would come in for a break. Call me nostalgic but those were the BHOD golden years.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. Mckyd

Mckyd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Bow hunt or die is the reason I picked up a bow, practiced my ass off and started hunting whitetails on public land. @Justin thanks for the inspiration!!

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I say name a buck little Mac and accept nothing else this year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another "Justin's OnlyFans." @Justin - I am for hire if you need a manager! :moose:

10. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Give back to the community - 25% off coupon code to all sponsor's products. Coupon code BHOD500

Dang, just tried it and it doesn't work! :dan:

11. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just watched the episode and you guys do a great job with your videos and editing. I hope you reach that next milestone of 1000th episode.

Don’t give up on critiquing the trophy photos like you did this episode. Some of us are still learning good photo techniques and it’s ok to offend the peanut gallery!

cantexian likes this.
  12. Rustystud

Rustystud Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will say that I have enjoyed watching most of your shows. The dry wit borders on giving me heart burn. Keep up the good work. I may be old but I am not blind or deph yet. Still can use the remote to turn it on and off.
    Nat Lambeth

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How long until you are syndicated and have reruns?