The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A dislike should not offend anyone unless they feel it's a reflection on their charector
    Dislikes I give are on a person's content in a particular subject I take issue with. Those usually go with an explanation of such an issue. I personally give way more likes than dislikes even to those that I give an occasional dislike to.

Sota likes this.
  2. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Having to break into your own house because the dead bolt decided to puke its guts out after you locked it. That is a first for me. And before anyone asks, the lock is screwed up on the back door so you can only lock it from the inside. I will replace that one too.

Sota likes this.
  3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No need to explain OND.
    I don't understand the likey/dislike thingy?
    You're a cool lady I respect for what you do and the grit you have.

JeffC and oldnotdead like this.
  4. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like the dreaded 5S system that managers seem so fond of...idiots

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Molds are made of steel. Recycle price is about $170/ton right now. Less than 100 pounds in wt for all the mold components=approximately $8.50.

They are not something you just carry around and put in your car. And this company has a zero tolerance for theft. We USED to have a theft problem 20-25 ish years ago. Fired and prosecuted half dozen employees and a local scrap yard. That put an end to most theft issues. We get an occasional moron who thinks he's got it gamed.

Our company along with most others in the area that recycle, have worked with every scrap yard within 100 miles. They have lists and pics of our products.

No, this wasn't theft. Just stupidity on someones part. Too bad that is not a reason for termination.

oldnotdead likes this.
  6. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

LOL. I've lived through those times.

Nope, this is just trying to squeeze what business we are keeping into an area about 1/4 the current foot print. In the 2 cases mentioned, they are customers who are staying with us.

7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Having family and friends in construction and family that scrap having to deal with theft it's the first stop in my thoughts. One would be surprised at the boldness of theives. Just had a conversation with my brother on his dealing with theives. Scraping is very big with many in this area.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what happened but seen some flashing lights put the window, didn't have scanner on at the time. Looked out and had 3 cops with lights on at the neighbors. By the time I got the scanner turned up and back to the window a 4th had shown up.

Didn't hear any radio traffic on it, could have closed the channel. They had someone in the back of squad car in the driveway. Was the boyfriend, they pulled him out and removed the cuffs then brought her put of the house in cuffs and put her in. The boyfriend came back out 5 minutes later and they allowed him to talk to her through the window for about 10 minutes. Was a bit weird at this point, 3 sheriff's were standing back about 15 feet and allowing him to reach in the car and take what looked like cigarettes, lighter and other items from her person. Didn't see them inspect said items before he took them inside, but I admittedly had to get another drink and turn the TV back on for the kickoff.

Had to have been a domestic as they had him in cuffs initially, then released him and took her into custody.

If I make it through the year as Supervisor think I'm using bonuses to get this place ready for the market. Neighborhood is turning to chit.

IMG_20230122_172421_494~2.jpg

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Stepped in a hole in the ice taking down the portable. Imagine your foot being forced down with your heel and toes stuck in place and then you fall with your foot 10" into a hole. I can walk on it but it hurts, luckily I fell forward, if it would have been to the side it would have been horible. In hindsite what a weekend on the lake I buried my truck and fell on the ice, good times.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I also got chewed on by my grandson for taking a bucket of sand out of his sand box to get traction for the pull vehicle but got out easy.

TJF and dprsdhunter like this.
  12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it is not all bad. Usually when the neighbors here had a problem which was quite frequent, the deputy sheriffs would pull into my driveway and come to my house. I had to tell them. they have the wrong house. They need to walk across the street to the right house. They always walk across the street and leave their car in my driveway.

One time the sheriff called my house. He wanted to know why I hung up on them on a 911 call. Told him I didn't call 911. Yes you did. You called from the street in front of your house with a cell phone. Told him it wasn't me and rattled off our cell phone numbers. I told him to call the house across the street because it probably was them. He calls back and says no one will answer. Are they home?? I wanted to ask him if I could go kick their door down and find out but I refrained. Yes, one is at home and one left in a pickup. Probably the one that called 911 sitting in front of my house on the street in their pickup.

Got home early from work. Even beat the wife home. Deputy sheriff car sitting in my driveway. Deputy beating on my door. Got out of the truck and asked if he needed something. Are you so and so ?? No, that is my neighbor to the south.

Good news, if I ever do need them to show up at my house for something bad or to save me... they should be able to find my house!! I will be really p!ssed off if they don't!!!!!!!

Sota likes this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Actually those are convienent accidents....
    You had your injury immediately on ice and you could be your grandsons hero by explaining that buckets of sand was the one the neighbors cat had poopedin and you were cleaning it...lol
    Seriuosly though. Hope things get better.

14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Lol.. don't you call, you best have that neighbor do it to makes sure.

TJF likes this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    His sandbox is his winter sandbox, filled up his wading pool in the garage with sand, so he can play in the dirt year round.

TJF, JeffC and oldnotdead like this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great idea

17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Uhgggg....son has been working so much on new job he's almost out of wood. He's going to try to get here later so I need to shovel again before he gets here.Snow has arrived two hours early with wet fog. Thankfully my brush clearing has uncovered many of the beech logs dropped this summer from the dead trees. I also have a huge dead maple that was dropped and I had hinged a few big beech for the pear trees two years ago. So he won't have to go too deep and far into the snowy woods. He wants to pull logs...I prefer he chunk it , I load Gator then his truck while he's cutting. he just doesn't get that this is easier for him in the long run. I'm doing half the work for him and all he needs to do when he gets home is split the wood. Besides it's our tractor he uses to drag and lift the logs. What I Don't need is him blowing hydraulic lines or damaging tires in the woods before spring. Hhhmmm discussion needed.

TJF likes this.
  18. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Brilliant !! :tu:

oldnotdead likes this.
  19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Up date ...I got drive and mail box shoveled in time for propane,FedX and mail man. Was just shoveling path to tank when he showed up. Then son arrived with trailer. Told him to back trailer up to bank and he cuts while I haul and toss. Well I got the highest praise besides many thank yous from him today. I turned to see him watching me toss those chucks of beech and maples into the trailer. He calls put over the sound of chain saw..." Your a Beast ma, just a beast! " lol we made short work of 4 short logs. Stopped because the town has yet to plow the hills and it's getting nasty.

20230123_125031.jpg

Mod-it, JeffC and TJF like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ps.
    Sitting down to have first meal of the day.....if he only knew I will be a stiff old turd in about a half hour...hahahaha

JeffC and TJF like this.