$1,500 Budget for vidiography

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by StringJumper, Jan 12, 2023.

1. StringJumper

StringJumper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    OK just semi-retired and I would like to start filming hunts. Would like some counseling...If I have a $1500-$2000 budget...what would be on your list to purchase...including editing software? Is $2,000 not enough for a decent set up? Truly appreciate any advice offered. This ground has probably been plowed before. Maybe there is a list somewhere that needs updating?

2. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As far as cameras I like Sony due to the low light capabilities. I have had a NX100 for years but our back up camera is a Sony AX33. You should be able to get a 4k sony handycam for around $1,000. I like 4k for self-filming. A camera arm is a must. It looks like Fourth Arrow may have a small one for around $100. I have the Muddy Hunter and its quite large and bulky.

As far as editing I use Premier Pro. It took me some time to learn how to use it but it is a great program. One con is that its a subscription based now. If you like editing and have the time to learn, I would go with Davinci Resolve. I believe they have a free version. If you just want to do some basic editing Movie Maker - Video Editor used be free on Windows 10.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let's hear it

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk