Team 7 - 0% Let Off

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by Rick James, Aug 28, 2022.

1. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh, forgot I needed tapatalk to do this on my phone.
    Sorry I haven't been very active this year I'm on my 3rd week of rutcation and I've been driving (and I might say driving it well) the struggle bus since it started!!! Dead deer from ehd and mostly failed food plots have once again reminded me why I plant them!!

Anyways no pics yet but I did finally get a doe on the ground Monday evening!! I was actually getting worried that with the poor plots meaning a really slow winter I might get zeroed!!!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Tink-a-Link and alenhard15 like this.
  2. Tink-a-Link

Tink-a-Link Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The struggle bus is real. I put three consecutive sits in that made me question my ability to scout properly. Fortunately I get back to my private ground and started seeing a lot of deer again. I'm going to hang and hunt public again on Sunday in an attempt to go deep and try to find a decent buck now that general firearm season is over and muzzle loader season is still a couple weeks away.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

alenhard15 likes this.
  3. Ryan Cornelius

Ryan Cornelius Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Sorry for being so absent from here lately. Finally got him scored (102 3/8") and entered. I'm hoping to get out and tag a doe at least this week, otherwise the season closes here on Friday until regular firearms opens the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I have been out and almost had a doe (needed her to take 2 more steps) but she saw my Dad getting out of his treestand across the field and left. Saw a great PA buck during a torrential downpour from tropical storm Nicole, stayed 65 yards out and I don't think he could hear my calls. That's hunting...

4. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work man!

5. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just got us another 50 pts this morning! IMG_5721.JPG

6. ILL BUCK

ILL BUCK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got her entered boys!![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

7. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work team!

alenhard15 likes this.
  8. Robert Lowe

Robert Lowe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had the King at 30 yards saturday afternoon. Was crossing behind me grunting at 70 ish yards. Called him in to about 25 Needed 2 more steps to clear obstructions. Total encounter lasted almost 17 minutes. He didnt see what he wanted so he continued on his merry way out of my life again. But, he has given me more pieces to the puzzle. So close yet so far. Time to make a strategic move.

Attached Files:

Tink-a-Link likes this.
  9. Robert Lowe

Robert Lowe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am gonna cry.

I got this pic thurs night.

The king is busted up. Must have been hit by a car.
    Most of the right side is gone, everything after the g3 on the left is gone.

Here is video of him walking off at the end of our encounter last saturday. So majestic......

Attached Files:

10. Tink-a-Link

Tink-a-Link Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season came to a screeching halt today fellas. My wife and I put our house on the market on Monday and we signed a purchase agreement, pending an inspection, today. The purchasers want to be in by the 30th, and we've got a Christmas vacation that we leave for S. Cali on the 22nd... So we've got 20 days to pack and move out of this house.
    The new pad will feel like it's out of town, though it's still in city limits. 125 ft of shoreline on a recreation lake that the previous owner would catch walleye and northern off his dock(which is staying with us)! To say we're excited is an understatement, even though it's going to be several years of work getting the house the way we want it. Immediately, the flooring, windows and exterior doors need to be replaced. Then it'll be updating a couple bathrooms and the kitchen. At that point we'll feel like we're sitting in a decent place to take a break.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ryan Cornelius and alenhard15 like this.