Ever have a bow you just don't shoot well?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mod-it, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have tried and tried to like the Solution I bought last year. But it just doesn't hold well and is very critical for me. The main thing is how much I struggle with the pin float, I have gone back to command shooting just because the pin wanders so far off POA. I've exhausted the playing around I know to do with it. Draw length changes both ways, Lucky Stops for minute DL adjustments and changing the holding weight, draw weight changes, stabilizer setups, you name it.
    I shot my backup bow recently and it was a wake-up call, the pin float was just so much better than I get with my Solution.
    So, just go back to the backup bow right? Well, I'm weak. And it doesn't have Deadlock cams and I love the simple tuning. Going to give one more Bowtech a try, really want to keep the deadlock.
    I have always really liked the specs of the Revolt-X. So, I found a used one and it is on the way. Sure hope it holds better for me than the Solution.
    Anyone else ever had a bow that you just couldn't get along with? The Solution is a great bow and lots of people love it, but it just isn't for me.

2. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    some bows are finicky, with some it is the shooter and others can make just about anything work ... after this season ends, I'm going to play around with the SR350 and see if I can find the 'sweet spot' shooting wise, it shoots good now, all tuned and such, but I feel some adjustments DL wise may help. I wasnt super happy with the grip after shooting it for a while, so I wrapped it like I did my Ritual 33 and it feels much better. The small DL adjustments that Elite now is a great idea, esp. matched with their SET system, I want to see if I can get the hold/DL on the SR350 feel as good as the Ritual, that damn thing just plain feels/shoots great !!..

3. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    It's weird to me, in 30 some years I've only had one other bow that I just couldn't get to shoot well for me. I've never really struggled to get one setup so it holds well and I can be consistent with it. The Solution has decent speed, fairly quiet, hardly any shot vibration, and draws decent in performance and really nice in comfort. But I just can't get the pin float to settle down, even after over a year of tweaking on it. Decided to start with a fresh slate.

4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    YOU can get a pin to float ?? .. :bigcry:

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I did not shoot my Chill R well at all. No matter what I did, me and that bow just didn't get along.

Brian811 and Mod-it like this.
  6. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    YUP. I had a Prime Rize that did not mesh with me for one reason or another. The specs of the bow screamed shooter and lot of folks shot it well. Not me. One day.. driving tacks, two days later I was apologizing to the neighbors for all the arrows in their yard... lol.

Mod-it and Justin like this.
  7. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    Revolt-X came in Saturday. I checked it over and found everything to be in spec. It has Threadz strings on it and they look really good, no fuzz to them and serving looked great at the sharp bends on the cams. Set it up for my DL and moved all accessories from my Solution over to it. Moved the Deadlock cams to the "reset" position, set the rest square to the riser, and adjusted the Hamskea Trinity timing. I had to have the activation cord tie off point clear out at the end of the limb on top of the deadlock housing to get the rest to drop at the 60% range. Solution had to be down the limb a good 2" for the same setting, glad I marked up an arrow and took the time to verify it.
    I do not have a bow press so Monday after work I took it to a shop and had the peep put in.
    It appears to fit me well at my usual 27.5" DL and from the 4 shots I took at the shop it is going to hold nice for me, pin float was much better than I've been seeing with my Solution. Tonight I hope to have the time to bare shaft tune it after work before it gets dark.

Justin likes this.
  8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the new rig!

I got my Phase 4 setup and paper-tuned last night. Need to get it sighted in at 20 today and hopefully find some time and a break in the weather to air it out at longer distances so I can get a sight tape on it and start hunting with it. So far, so good. I love my V3X, but this new bow is unquestionably quieter and more vibration-free than ever. I'm not going to lie - it's impressive.

9. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't looked at Mathews 2023 offerings yet, I believe they drop today for the general public don't they?

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yep - we put all of our review videos and whatnot up this morning.

11. jgaudiojr

jgaudiojr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Justin,

Is the phase 4 primarily new limb technology? The photos I looked at had the riser almost, in not exactly identical to the V3X. Specs look identical.

12. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting a Revolt X now and honestly, its the absolute best shooter I've ever owned. Its one bow that I most likely will keep for good I like it that much. For me, my wants were longer ata, manageable brace height of 6.5 or more, a super smooth draw cycle and a less reflexed riser. This checks all the boxes. I also really like the vast amount of adjustability from the deadlocks, the flip disc on the cams, even the flex guard. Congrats on the new rig, enjoy!

Mod-it likes this.
  13. Brian811

Brian811 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had a Chill R that I just couldn't get very comfortable with. But I had an original Monster 6 that I never had any problems with. Should've never sold that one.

14. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Elite Ritual 33. Own or owned an Answer, Pure and E35s. Bought the Ritual and just could not get my hand on the grip correctly. Too wide, square throat.
    Sold it, bought a Remedy and absolutely love this bow. They rounded and slimmed down the throat.
    With the SET system, 1/4” draw adjustments, different stop options and let off adjustments all without having to buy more parts, what’s not to like.

15. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews traverse and I didn't get along. But having to find and buy mods to fiddle with the draw length that was 1/2" longer than spec frustrated me pretty quickly and I unloaded it

16. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    after I put the Lucky Stops on my SR350, that thing is a breeze to let down and is a fantastic shooter, the draw in comfort is smooth as a silk .... the best bow Ive owned hands down ... the Ritual 33 is sweet but the SR350 is now pure honey ... looking forward to season #2 with it this coming fall ...

17. Lina Roth

Lina Roth Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's great that you're trying out the Revolt-X, as it may be a better fit for you. Keep in mind that while it may have similar specs to the Solution, there may still be some adjustments you'll need to make to ensure the best possible shooting experience. It's also important to give yourself time to adjust to a new bow, as it can take some practice to get used to its nuances.

18. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    This thread is about 4-1/2 months old. I have shot many arrows through the bow now.

Your answers are funny. They are like reading something stolen from a Google search / answers.com type of response, with a bit changed by you to make them seem authentic. You speak on every subject as if you have years upon years of experience and knowledge.
    Where are you from? What bow and gear do you currently have? What game do you like to hunt?

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  19. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, no kidding. I haven't commented on it, bc it seems like a bot response or someone practicing their essay skills. Lol.

Mod-it likes this.
  20. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a pse back 2009. Can’t recall which one, it was their flagship. Never liked it. One season and she was gone. Best bow ever for me, bow tech allegiance. Then elite E32, and now the mathews vxr. Love this biw