The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Steve sorry to hear about your work problem. Hope things improve soon.

2. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    S.McArthur hope things turn around for you quickly.

3. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last night my cameras were popping with pictures of deer…just standing there…stupidity bound…in my shooting lane.
    Today, My camera went off at 1328 hours with a doe and I hit the stand at 1330….saw a squirrel all sit
    My wife thinks I’m jinxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tynimiller likes this.
  4. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm finally able to get back out again. All last week my wife and kids were sick. But the next two weeks I should be able to go pretty hard after them.
    I've already had a 4pt come by just before shooting light. I heard him rubbing, then watched him work a scrape through the binos. Hopefully more action to come.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Man Steve, I'm sorry.

We sure miss you being here.

ash d likes this.
  6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there JD!

7. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Steve I get it a lot this year honestly. For me I have never been more discouraged or simply emotionless about hunting before in my life. Honestly yesterday and today I got up to hunt solely because I didn’t have to work…I have zero belief I’ll shoot anything which is depressing, our one property issues blew up again yesterday a day after we had a great talk (not THE talk) with the owner about some things and low and behold last night grandson waltzes in to hunt when he isn’t supposed to owner wouldn’t say no so makes him ask my dad who is using vacation to hunt right now…enough of that but man all that to say just know you have someone that can relate.

Not a single day I’ve gotten up to hunt this year was because I was driven with the love of wanting to go, my mind had to tell my heart and mind I’ll love it once I’m there - or if I shoot a buck the feeling will return. I don’t know honestly about the second part, but it is true I still have moments in stand or in the blind where I feel stress relief some, not all definitely but some.

I guess I’m trying to say in a hunting community where many will think or even tell you that you’re crazy or nuts or wrong - it’s normal and okay to be freaking discouraged. Be pissed, even sad man.

All of my struggles be it hunting (which being a landowner last few years have been many) or life, time provides perspective better than anything.

Don’t feel bad for not wanting to go hunting, feel bad if we time passes more all your stress is impacting the relationships in your life or the man you are.

You may come to a point where you desire to get back into the woods just to be mad there and not at home…or the ability of the woods to finally be a source of peace might return. Someday that will happen I’m sure, don’t feel bad if it isn’t this year.

I’ll try to do my best of making sure the team stays together whether you get out or not man! Want to have a fourth season with you and the rest!

ash d likes this.
  8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    lol hunting sometimes sucks lol

ash d likes this.
  9. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about everything man.

And don’t be sorry for anything, just worry about yourself and try to get your mind right. Just know that if you need to vent you’ve got some solid guys here that are very unbiased since we’re not in your shoes. We’re here for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

tynimiller likes this.
  10. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thank fellas, I debated coming here and apologizing for my whiny rant, but I guess I'm the only one embarrassed about it. I'll be fine, just like always, perhaps I just needed to get it off my chest somewhere.
    Anyways, I got my week worked out; as it stands, I should be able to get out Wednesday evening, mid-day Friday, and Saturday morning. Still working on getting Sunday planned.
    I'll take what I can get, the probably 100+" 8 point I let walk a few ago may end up getting stuck at this point. We shall see, Nov 11th+/- has always been good for me here.

Team Haastyle and MIHOYT89 like this.
  11. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well not looking great for getting my doe down before gun season for the team. I leave Friday morning for Kentucky rifle season, and then get back right before our Wisconsin gun season followed by muzzleloader, and then I will be off to South Dakota for buffalo and Nebrasak for mulie. Realistically I am thinking my next bow hunt will be late season (post December 16th). Which on the positive note I have always wanted to shoot one during a good snow fall.

ash d likes this.
  12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I bet this much, you kill him and the stress release and smile to follow I bet will feel good!!

ash d likes this.
  13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Excuses, excuses lol. Is your Mulie bow? If so that’d work even if buck all the same.

Team Haastyle and ash d like this.
  14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I took an hour break over middle of day to vote and eat some crackers. Back in saddle now bout an hour and button buck was at stand site while climbing lol.

Fingers and toes are crossed the does that went up to bedding past me come back this way and not the other way….AND they have a new guest of the mature male variety.

ash d and Mudlake3 like this.
  15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Update with thirty minutes left: zilch to report. lol

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  16. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    I know I am sounding like a broken record at this point lol. The mulie is muzzleloader so no go there. Have two blinds I set up this week though for late season, so thinking that should force my butt out there.

Oldcarp and tynimiller like this.
  17. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season opens this weekend. I'm purposefully going to carry my bow just to say I beat you to get a buck before you get your doe LOL :lmao2:

Team Haastyle and Oldcarp like this.
  18. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Weathers killing me here. Yesterday looked promising 1 pm driving to stand nice buck crossed road in front of me headed to woods I was going to. Climbed in stand was a little breezy, kept blowing harder and harder the rest of the day till quitting time. Only had a buck fawn by me rest of the day. Way the tree was swaying around would have been hard to shoot.
    This morning climbed up in dark with just a light drizzle. Just getting light and rain started, climbed down and went home. Buck had a doe north of my house in soybean field. Got to watch him chasing a smaller buck away from the doe. Little buck didn't want to leave lol.

Good luck to team hunting!

Oldcarp, ash d and tynimiller like this.
  19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted hard Friday through yesterday, only time I took off from stand was middays for hour refresh at truck or voting yesterday and back at it really besides church Sunday morning.

Actually feel relief in the office today LOL that was exhausting. I'll be back out Friday and Saturday absolutely and may take tomorrow afternoon off for a quick hit hunt for an antlerless at a reduction spot we lose rights to Saturday for gun opener to earn my second buck tag in reduction areas.

ash d likes this.
  20. Team Haastyle

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha you dirty dog